Page 51 of 69 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461 ... LastLast
    Members

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure I can fully buy into a 25 page frenzy over a 3rd division centreback, all a bit meh tbh. I'm sure he'll bolster the U23's next season though.
    It is an interesting one though, as Ben White was also playing L1 football last year....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by One Teddy Maybank View Post
      Over Balogun?

Well if Potter sees videos from last season then obviously yes.

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Not sure I can fully buy into a 25 page frenzy over a 3rd division centreback, all a bit meh tbh. I'm sure he'll bolster the U23's next season though.
      Iím putting it down to the lack of real transfer activity that some how this has reached this level..... Iím sure the Dan Burn one didnít.

However looks an OK buy..... right now Iím not sure what to make of any players we sign as I havenít got a clue how we are going to play.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by saafend_seagull View Post
      If we are playing 3-5-2 he could easily go straight into the first team.

Potter might have this in mind but he played 3 at the back with Swansea only a handful of times last season.
      The credible reporting for this signing says he's there , because there is an assumption that Balogun is tired of limited opportunities.
      Also Ben White looking likely to be loaned out again.

4 Not allowed!
      Hardly any of the posts on this thread have been about the merits of Clarke or the signing.
      Frenzy - its not. Also Ironic i guess that there's a prevailing view on NSC on multiple threads about hoping Potter might develop youth, and bring in more English players.
      And yet this signing "all a bit meh"

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by chaileyjem View Post
      Hardly any of the posts on this thread have been about the merits of Clarke or the signing.
      Frenzy - its not. Also Ironic i guess that there's a prevailing view on NSC on multiple threads about hoping Potter might develop youth, and bring in more English players.
      And yet this signing "all a bit meh"
      I'm just hoping that we have a few more irons in the fire than a young noddy league centreback. Decent prospects are fine, but we're clearly going to need to sign some genuine quality and experience if we're going to make a fist of it this season, THATS what I'm waiting to see.

I'm sure its all in hand though.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"

0 Not allowed!
      Obviously not very exciting news but nice for us to be in a position where we are buying Pompey's best young player off them.

The fee is relative peanuts by PL standards. Good luck to the Hampshire minnows - spend it wisely.
      The BHAFC forum is utter shite. They literally talk about everything except their own football club on there.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      I'm just hoping that we have a few more irons in the fire than a young noddy league centreback. Decent prospects are fine, but we're clearly going to need to sign some genuine quality and experience if we're going to make a fist of it this season, THATS what I'm waiting to see.

I'm sure its all in hand though.
      I am another who is very Meh about this potential signing. Seems pointless to me unless Balogun is off. Frankly if Potter can turn the ponderous defensive, fearful team from the last 6 months into some attacking, vibrant goal scoring success without serious investment in midfield and forward areas then it wont be long before Real Madrid come calling for his services. I hope that is well in hand.
      Members the right footed denilson's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      So let me get this right....

Leeds wanted Clarke, we got Clarke. Leeds now want White, so we(look likely to) loan White to Leeds. Might've been easier to keep White and let them have Clarke- guess time will tell how much better Clarke is...
      How long? Not long
      Because what you reap, is what you sow.
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by the right footed denilson View Post
      So let me get this right....

Leeds wanted Clarke, we got Clarke. Leeds now want White, so we(look likely to) loan White to Leeds. Might've been easier to keep White and let them have Clarke- guess time will tell how much better Clarke is...
      But we'll now have both White and Clarke on the books, even if White is temporarily loaned out.

This will be handy when Balogun is out of contract next summer.
      Out of contract June 2020 : Bong, Balogun, Hemed, Kayal, Murray, Schelotto, Suttner