Page 49 of 69 FirstFirst ... 394647484950515259 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Single player transfers in closed season rarely happen in isolation. Like home sales, they tend to happen as part of a connected chain. I repeat what I heard, which is the Clarke purchase was good for two key reasons, one it helps our complement of home grown players, and two it offers extra insurance should we lose a left sided centre back. Clarke was not purchased as an intended starter now. For the two reasons above, it gives us the option/freedom to replace a starting CB with a European import., should that need arise....
    seagull wedgee

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Probably already been mentioned but can't be assed to read the whole thread.... but last season with Swansea Potter did sometimes play with 3 at the back so presumably we'd need 4 centre backs in the match day squad sometimes.

We've got Dunk, Duffy, Balogun, Burn, White and perhaps Bernardo which would only leave one-two CBs as cover which is the bare minimum I'd say and presuming White steps into the first team picture. I'd imagine if Balogun wants more first football elsewhere Clarke is a replacement for him.
      Not convinced that we'd pick four CBs in a match-day squad. Potter likes to shift things around both between and within games, so he'd probably want to cater for plural formations with the 18. Also factor in there are certain players that can play multiple positions -- Baluta is one, Clarke, I think, another.
      Half Hawaiian Half Greek Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
      Not convinced that we'd pick four CBs in a match-day squad. Potter likes to shift things around both between and within games, so he'd probably want to cater for plural formations with the 18. Also factor in there are certain players that can play multiple positions -- Baluta is one, Clarke, I think, another.
      If we were starting with say Dunk, Duffy and Burn you don't think he'd have another CB on the bench in case of injury?
      PURA VIDA MAE
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      Brighton appear to have agreed a behind closed doors friendly against Portsmouth. Part of the deal, perhaps?

https://www.football-news365.co.uk/go/29/83084644
      Pretty sure we had one last summer.

Used to showcase potential loan outs to scouts of other clubs.
      Out of contract June 2020 : Bong, Balogun, Hemed, Kayal, Murray, Schelotto, Suttner

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by southstandandy View Post
      Do you think he will (if signed) be included in the first team squad as only 22 years of age, or spend a season in the U23's?

If he is to be included in the full first team squad, will this signing be seen as a way of increasing our 'Uk based developed players' numbers up?
      He'll be in the 25 man squad. Or loaned out to the Championship for a half/full season.
      Out of contract June 2020 : Bong, Balogun, Hemed, Kayal, Murray, Schelotto, Suttner

0 Not allowed!
      Why would a player at a professional premier club not use clubs own gym? News afoot I reckon..

0 Not allowed!
      My only criticism of this signing is his name. Absolutely no flair in it what so ever. Would it not be possible to slightly change it to something like Matteo Clarkez?

1 Not allowed!
      Understand Matt Clarke deal is around £4.7m initially, rising to £6.7m with add-ons. 20% sell-on fee too. Brighton were the only club with real interest and will reward the talented defender with circa £20k per week. - taken from Pompeynewsnow on Twitter.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by casbom View Post
      Understand Matt Clarke deal is around £4.7m initially, rising to £6.7m with add-ons. 20% sell-on fee too. Brighton were the only club with real interest and will reward the talented defender with circa £20k per week. - taken from Pompeynewsnow on Twitter.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Blue Valkyrie View Post
      There is a tweet in response to that that reads "Works out in our favour as Ipswich will get just under 20% initial fee, but add ins will be ours solely. Good business"

Does anyone know if that is true (ie that Ipswich's sell-on only applies to the initial fee that the subsequent buying club - Albion - pay, and not the add-ons)?

Surely Ipswich's sell-on will apply to ANY fee that Albion end up paying to Portsmouth?
      Brighton and Hove Albion Squad Contract Durations - Updated per February 2019 Premier League Squad List

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      Which is why you are my favourite poster on NSC. Accurate and up to date Albion facts, unadorned, and succinctly put. Use that as your next strapline
      Quote Originally Posted by LlcoolJ View Post
      I love AZ's posts. So many ITK dicks on here, but he just posts FACT.