Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matt Clarke- Portsmouth defender **SIGNED and LOANED to DERBY**

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Amazing how many people had 'sources' saying this was definitely happening two weeks ago.

And Wedgee making himself look a **** again. Plus ca change.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Amazing how many people had 'sources' saying this was definitely happening two weeks ago.

And Wedgee making himself look a **** again. Plus ca change.

Maybe waiting to see what arises with D & D. If one of them leaves a higher class replacement would be required

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Bloody good...get him back from loan and give him a chance again. I was always impressed with him and thought when he played he gave us something different...anyone remember the lump from arsenal taking him out neck high at the Amex!

Ripped Chelsea to pieces when played as Wing Back! Should have got us two pens.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Ripped Chelsea to pieces when played as Wing Back! Should have got us two pens.

True... but cannot defend...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
True... but cannot defend...

Certainly not in the Premier League in a back 4!

I still cringe at that Haha header when Greyhound was meant to be tracking the diving fool.

However, if he can attack with pace and flair as a wing back, a back 3 system would ensure that he is not given too much defending responsibility again.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Certainly not in the Premier League in a back 4!

I still cringe at that Haha header when Greyhound was meant to be tracking the diving fool.

However, if he can attack with pace and flair as a wing back, a back 3 system would ensure that he is not given too much defending responsibility again.

Fair point. Next season is looking like an exciting one, which is something we could not say before our managerial switch...

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
No news on the ‘done deal’ Clarke transfer for days... makes me wonder if it was all smoke and mirrors

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
No news on the ‘done deal’ Clarke transfer for days... makes me wonder if it was all smoke and mirrors

Or is it only based on us losing one of our CBs first?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

We jet off to the Austria summer camp in 4 weeks today. Will he be on the plane, or was it all a ruse as you suggest ???

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
We jet off to the Austria summer camp in 4 weeks today. Will he be on the plane, or was it all a ruse as you suggest ???

If I were GP I'd want to get a good look at the current squad before making any transfer decisions. Obviously right back is a vacancy, so will that be the only move we make before Austria?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If I were GP I'd want to get a good look at the current squad before making any transfer decisions. Obviously right back is a vacancy, so will that be the only move we make before Austria?
Could be. Although if Pröpper moves to Ajax that would mean a central midfield vacancy as well.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Could be. Although if Pröpper moves to Ajax that would mean a central midfield vacancy as well.

I hope Pröpper stays.

In a more attacking Brighton team he'd have more options available to pick a pass, which is what his quality is crying out for.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I hope Pröpper stays.

In a more attacking Brighton team he'd have more options available to pick a pass, which is what his quality is crying out for.

Very much this......and Pascal Gross, Jurgen Locadia, Ali Jahanbash, Florin Andone, any new singings :) (and I am a CH fan)

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Me too

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Corrected for you.

You know it's not healthy having a grudge that's going on this long. Most people were/are upset that Hughton's gone, but we now have to get behind the new Manager and team. Crying in the corner that he's gone is not going to bring him back, time to let it go and move on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here