Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matt Clarke- Portsmouth defender **SIGNED and LOANED to DERBY**

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
It does feel strange at the moment, normally see some movement from some Prem teams but it's very quiet at the moment, almost like no one wants to make the first move

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It does feel strange at the moment, normally see some movement from some Prem teams but it's very quiet at the moment, almost like no one wants to make the first move

In the first week of June? Not used to seeing much action til at least July, aren’t we?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Where's our bid for this chap then?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Will we even make a bid unless someone comes in for D or D?

I suspect that we'll come in for a CB, whether it's Clarke or not is a different matter. Potter does play three CBs in some games (or for some of a game), and I suspect that he'll want one with different qualities than those we currently have (quicker, better on the ball being the most likely required attributes).

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I think it has already been made public that MC in has no relationship to D and/or D out...

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Aston VIlla already signed one with another 2 signing today.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
2019 Huddersfield

That swap was sorted the other week, Villa just needed to wait till they got they're Prem certificate or something before rubber stamping the deal. So apart from Villa and Man U getting James, I can't think of any other side that have officially signed someone? Saints look to be next with a winger. All very slow at the moment, expecting it will start pick up more from next week.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
For a supposedly straightforward deal this signing is taking a long time to finally get over the line.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
That swap was sorted the other week, Villa just needed to wait till they got they're Prem certificate or something before rubber stamping the deal. So apart from Villa and Man U getting James, I can't think of any other side that have officially signed someone? Saints look to be next with a winger. All very slow at the moment, expecting it will start pick up more from next week.

To be fair like GPott having his fortnight in Majorca I think most football people are on holiday now, expect it to start picking up in the latter half of June.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
To be fair like GPott having his fortnight in Majorca I think most football people are on holiday now, expect it to start picking up in the latter half of June.

Players will be on the beach in Ibiza or Dubai quaffing Jeroboams of champagne and being loud and lairy, probably not a good time to be discussing transfers with them. This is assuming we are looking to buy top players who do this. The no dickheads policy will need to be rethought if so.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Bloody good...get him back from loan and give him a chance again. I was always impressed with him and thought when he played he gave us something different...anyone remember the lump from arsenal taking him out neck high at the Amex!

If these things are anything to go by he's changed his Instagram profile picture back to him in an Albion shirt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here