Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matt Clarke- Portsmouth defender **SIGNED and LOANED to DERBY**

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So, fee NOT agreed according to their manager... saga continues...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This transfer is just a rehash of the Liam Moore storyline, and will rumble on and on.

Hardly a top priority either - if Balogun, Dunk and Duffy stay.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
This transfer is just a rehash of the Liam Moore storyline, and will rumble on and on.

Hardly a top priority either - if Balogun, Dunk and Duffy stay.

I agree. I'm not complaining at us looking to strengthen the squad, but is another center half really needed?

If Dunk or Duffy were sold then fair enough, but from the sounds coming out of the club so far this seems unlikely. Possibility that Balogun might leave due to frustration at not really getting many chances but I'd honestly be surprised if that was to happen this summer. He might go in January or next summer but suspect like Hunemeier he might give it 2 seasons for a chance, and if he can't get in the team then could see him going next summer.

Just worry that we're focusing on areas of the team that are not prioroties to strengthen. Trossard sounds ok (but so did Ali J) but again is another winger who will probably blow a big whole in our summer spending really that important? The figures being quoted for Trossard seem to me to represent a big risk (assuming we would be able to sign him).

Hope the club are not taking their eye off the ball regarding the main areas of the team that need strengthening - or maybe Connolly and Molumby will be given their chances this season?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I agree. I'm not complaining at us looking to strengthen the squad, but is another center half really needed?

If Dunk or Duffy were sold then fair enough, but from the sounds coming out of the club so far this seems unlikely. Possibility that Balogun might leave due to frustration at not really getting many chances but I'd honestly be surprised if that was to happen this summer. He might go in January or next summer but suspect like Hunemeier he might give it 2 seasons for a chance, and if he can't get in the team then could see him going next summer.

Just worry that we're focusing on areas of the team that are not prioroties to strengthen. Trossard sounds ok (but so did Ali J) but again is another winger who will probably blow a big whole in our summer spending really that important? The figures being quoted for Trossard seem to me to represent a big risk (assuming we would be able to sign him).

Hope the club are not taking their eye off the ball regarding the main areas of the team that need strengthening - or maybe Connolly and Molumby will be given their chances this season?

People said exactly the same thing when we signed Duffy. Do we really need another CB!!!!

Clarke is only 22 and highly thought of.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012

Why Do you think these are the only two players or areas of the pitch they are interested in?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
People said exactly the same thing when we signed Duffy. Do we really need another CB!!!!

Clarke is only 22 and highly thought of.

And there was plenty of comment about his character, as he'd virtually been on strike previously

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Let's take the Pompey approach: offer big, take the player, then when it comes to actual payment, give them 1p in the pound.

Apologies: I missed the "lower league" before Pompey there.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Exciting stuff. I bet he gets moved to right back for us. From what i've seen, he looks like he has all the requirements to play fullback. He would definitely be an improvement on Montoya and can certainly defend better.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here