Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Statement of Intent

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
It is clear that TB isn't in this for the short haul or, necessarily, to make a profit out of his ownership.

It's fairly clear that he sees retaining Premier League status as vital and it follows that they'll be ambitions beyond this going forward.

With our ground capacity set and limitations on the transport infrastructure what do we do next? Most "established" Premier League clubs have looked to or expanded their grounds and 60k seems to be the target, so would it be possible that we'd look to move again? I'd guess we'd never be able to expand The Amex on the current site to anywhere near 60,000.

Dr. No

Nov 28, 2016
It is clear that TB isn't in this for the short haul or, necessarily, to make a profit out of his ownership.

It's fairly clear that he sees retaining Premier League status as vital and it follows that they'll be ambitions beyond this going forward.

With our ground capacity set and limitations on the transport infrastructure what do we do next? Most "established" Premier League clubs have looked to or expanded their grounds and 60k seems to be the target, so would it be possible that we'd look to move again? I'd guess we'd never be able to expand The Amex on the current site to anywhere near 60,000.

No.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean

If you think we would get attendances around 60k per week you are deluded.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
You don't need a 60k stadium to become established in the Premier League, and frankly it'd require a sustained period of success before we'd be able to fill a stadium that size on a regular basis anyway - if you can't fill it it isn't worth spending the money on building.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

If they are your expectations, I would suggest you prepare to be Tim Under Whelmed.

I'll get my coat.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can you imagine the post match carnage with double the current capacity?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Established clubs have 60k?

eoM1vCP.png

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Tony Bloom looked at our situation and thought “yeah, we’ve done alright. We’ve stayed up.....but that’s not enough for me, I
want this club to be more. And im going to pay to try to make that happen”.
I bloody love him for that, even if it was hard lines on Chris Hughton.
Also - despite, his success you can see he’s maintained that child-like love of the Albion form when he was a boy. Top man.
Even if the potter gamble doesn’t work, it doesn’t mean Tony Bloom has let anyone down or it was a bad call to aspire to better than survival.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

We are years, decades, even, off being one of them.

It took long enough to get THIS ground. Let's not think about embarking on that process all over again!

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014

I mentioned this in another post the other day. The club have clearly been thinking about our next step. A new ground and 60k fans is out of the question and we’ll never be a financial powerhouse in the top 4, but we could realistically become a national centre for producing young elite players.
With the appointment of Ashworth and Potter and the massive investment in the training complex and academy, there is definitely a desire to create a pipe line form the academy to the first team. I think this vision of the clubs future will become clearer in the coming years as we inevitably start bringing players through.

Edit: Sorry didn't mean to quote you, meant to quote the original poster. It turns out I'm a plum.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Ignoring the official pretendances, we need to fill every seat in the stadium more regularly before we decide to think about a bigger capacity.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Nothing to do with this thread, but your signature needs updating :thumbsup:

Yes I know, the problem is it is over 500 characters so a moderator has to update it. I emailed them already to ask them to update for me!

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Ignoring the official pretendances, we need to fill every seat in the stadium more regularly before we decide to think about a bigger capacity.

Exactly! We could (in keeping with the cloud cuckooland nature of this thread) win the Champions League and PL title every season and not fill a 40k, let alone anything like 50 or 60k.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here