Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Statement of Intent

0 Not allowed!
    It is clear that TB isn't in this for the short haul or, necessarily, to make a profit out of his ownership.

It's fairly clear that he sees retaining Premier League status as vital and it follows that they'll be ambitions beyond this going forward.

With our ground capacity set and limitations on the transport infrastructure what do we do next? Most "established" Premier League clubs have looked to or expanded their grounds and 60k seems to be the target, so would it be possible that we'd look to move again? I'd guess we'd never be able to expand The Amex on the current site to anywhere near 60,000.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

11 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tim Over Whelmed View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It is clear that TB isn't in this for the short haul or, necessarily, to make a profit out of his ownership.

It's fairly clear that he sees retaining Premier League status as vital and it follows that they'll be ambitions beyond this going forward.

With our ground capacity set and limitations on the transport infrastructure what do we do next? Most "established" Premier League clubs have looked to or expanded their grounds and 60k seems to be the target, so would it be possible that we'd look to move again? I'd guess we'd never be able to expand The Amex on the current site to anywhere near 60,000.
      No.
      No.

9 Not allowed!

If you think we would get attendances around 60k per week you are deluded.
      You can tell them all that we'll stand or fall for Sussex by the Sea
      Members

3 Not allowed!
      I was hoping for mid table finishes and decent cup runs. Not 60k stadiums.
      Members

3 Not allowed!

"Most established clubs"...that part of what you said is obviously the next step. We are not established yet. One step at a time.

3 Not allowed!
      Think success on the pitch might be the priority first.

2 Not allowed!
      Speechless!
      Palacefinder General - Hunting undercover Palace fans on NSC since 1696
      Punxsatawney Phil Curious Orange's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      You don't need a 60k stadium to become established in the Premier League, and frankly it'd require a sustained period of success before we'd be able to fill a stadium that size on a regular basis anyway - if you can't fill it it isn't worth spending the money on building.

11 Not allowed!

If they are your expectations, I would suggest you prepare to be Tim Under Whelmed.

I'll get my coat.
      "I looked straight across to Graham Turner and their whole bench was in tears."
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      Can you imagine the post match carnage with double the current capacity?
      Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser - Toto Wolff