Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Harry Wilson

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Scored 18 times for Derby this season, including a few corkers. Seen our name and about 5 other prem clubs are interested, nothing concrete and no doubt just paper talk at this stage but would fit the Potter/Ashworth ethos.

Apparently Liverpool want £25 million, but would realistically be lower than that. Depends what happens to Derby in the playoffs, as if he gets loaned out again a PL Derby would probably be favourites.

Thoughts?

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
My guess would be if he does go somewhere it will be either a loan with commitment to buy, or a low fee high sell on clause

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Wolves and Leicester are apparently in for him, so there goes any chance of that one

The same Leicester who we beat to the signing of Jahanbakhsh last year?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Liverpool are being cheeky if they want £25 mill. I'd say £18m with a decent sell-on clause of 15% - 20% and you've got a deal.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Liverpool want 25 mill according to the papers

Plucky little Bournemouth are now being linked as well. Can definitely see that, they do love a pricy Liverpool benchwarmer

If Bournemouth are in we’re fecked. More with them than Wolves and Leicester imo.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
It's such a brilliant business model. Collect young players, loan them to the championship (and either get a fee or a % of their salaries paid), hope they do well, sell for MEGA bucks when they have built up a name.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
After having tracked him for 4 years, invited him and his agent to games and built up a very good rapport. Yes, that Jahanbakhsh.

And?

Your point was that if Leicester are in for a player, we definitely won't win. That's clearly not true.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
If some people on here are dismissing our chances because the likes of Bournemouth (14th) are in for him, do I also take it that those same people accept that 15th and lower is our level?

If we want to be slamming the manager for not getting higher up the table, we must be challenging for the same players as those higher teams are signing.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
And?

Your point was that if Leicester are in for a player, we definitely won't win. That's clearly not true.

It more likely than not that we don't. Obviously not impossible. Had Leicester and us both gone in for Ali J with neither of us having anything to do with him before, then I'm sure he'd be a Leicester player. He said after he signed that he wanted to come because we'd kept in touch throughout his development and built up a good rapport.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
It more likely than not that we don't. Obviously not impossible. Had Leicester and us both gone in for Ali J with neither of us having anything to do with him before, then I'm sure he'd be a Leicester player. He said after he signed that he wanted to come because we'd kept in touch throughout his development and built up a good rapport.

Besides, can you see TB spending 25 million on a winger who's had 1 & 1/2 good seasons at championship level?

Hamilton

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Scored 18 times for Derby this season, including a few corkers. Seen our name and about 5 other prem clubs are interested, nothing concrete and no doubt just paper talk at this stage but would fit the Potter/Ashworth ethos.

Apparently Liverpool want £25 million, but would realistically be lower than that. Depends what happens to Derby in the playoffs, as if he gets loaned out again a PL Derby would probably be favourites.

Thoughts?

What? Our [MENTION=1200]Harry Wilson's tackle[/MENTION] ?

I thought you said you were skint Harry! £25 million!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here