Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowfold Seagull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And I'm afraid for a club like ours that must continue to be the only target for the next few years. For the size of our club abd the limited playing budget we have Chris Hughton did a brilliant job.

I'm so sorry this decision was made Chris.
    TB wants progression and probably doesn’t share your thoughts.
    You make me

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by HitchinSeagull View Post
      Absolutely I'm dissapointed in those rewriting history and showing no respect for him and being dismissive of his very respectful statement.
      Not seeing any rewriting going on here...

People are expressing surprise he was surprised... because c'mon, he hasn't been living in a cave.

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Goldstone1976 View Post

2 “The b’stards had more targets for me than they told me. That’s not on”
      Quote Originally Posted by El Presidente View Post
      The target was to preserve Premier League status with a bottom three. This was achieved.
      Yes, exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Valkyrie View Post
      He did indeed.

However, it seems he lost the faith of the chairman that he could do it again next year.
      Which is the most likely example of my option 2.

From Tony's perspective - it's not unreasonable.

From Chris', it might have been "Whoa - you never said that at interview and it's not in my contract. That's simply not fair - it means you could sack me at any time - all you have to do is say 'Yeah, but I've lost confidence in you'". The counterargument? "Welcome to football in the PL - that's the nature of the beast, and why you got paid the big bucks. Life's a bitch"
      2A

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by WhingForPresident View Post
      This praise for getting to the FA Cup semi is a bit silly really.

We beat Bournemouth reserves, got taken to a second leg and extra time against West Brom with Glenn Murray's cock saving the day, scraped past a second-string Derby team at home and were saved by a goalkeeping howler in a shambolic performance against Millwall.
      The history books will always show he was the manager who took us further in the cup than we had been for 36 years, a large proportion of our fans were not alive when we got to the final in 1983 so would know or really care that we got by far the easier semi final and we stumbled over the line to get to the final and the same will be true when their children are in the stands.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton View Post
      I'm getting a bit angry about this message that is doing the rounds unchallenged...

“He has helped transform Brighton & Hove Albion, from fighting relegation to League One."

Yes, we were headed down the table, thanks to the disastrous tenure of Hyypia. However, the squad that Chris inherited was not broken. We had competed for play off finals in previous seasons under Gus and Oscar. The players, backroom and club management were all strong.

There is this underlying idea going around that Chris single-handily rescued the club from oblivion and took them into the Premier League. That simply isn't true, and yet it's easy twitter feed.

Chris played a hugely important role in a club full of talented and committed individuals who have brought Brighton its success to date. I'll be ever thankful for him, but he did not do it alone and he did not walk into a club that was in free fall.
      Agree! I think if you look at the interviews that Chris did after his first full season he said himself that It did not feel like a club that was in trouble when he joined. I don't think it is CH that is trying claim he saved us from impeding doom, just the headline writers.

4 Not allowed!
      It wasn't easy, we made it hard for ourselves against second-string Championship sides and totally lucked out against relegation-battling Millwall.
      We didn't luck out, the only reason we needed to score at the end was because of poor officiating.

Their first goal saw Murray rugby tackled to make space for Pearce to score. It was a clear foul, missed by the ref.
      Their second goal saw the ball sent up-field and hand-balled.
      We should have had a penalty.
      Locadia also scored what should have been the winner, which was incorrectly ruled out for offside.

It's the most one-sided bit of crap refereeing I can ever remember, so no, we did not luck out.
      Thank you Chris, you're a legend.

0 Not allowed!
      No mention by Chris or Bevan of racism, because TB is not a racist.
      Test your smoke alarm Bry Nylon's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Steve Davis re-launched his career when Spitting Image branded him Steve ‘Interesting’ Davis.

Perhaps Chris could become Chris ‘Surprised’ Hughton?

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by chaileyjem View Post
      Of course CH was acutely aware of our results and performances. Probably more than anyone. Its like saying that fans or indeed journalists, that think Bloom has made a mistake, couldn't possibly have watched a game in 6 months or be aware of the form table. Bloom is not known to be a trigger happy chairman, had given Chris no idea, and Hughton had after everything kept Albion up (his target) so of course he's right to be surprised at being sacked. Few saw it coming. Even the more vocal "Hughton out" constituency on here.
      So he was shocked about being fired, despite us breaking records for how shit we were? He must've thought it was a possibility.
      ""Football. F***ing football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor half-alive ********."

1 Not allowed!
      Not sure where you're getting 'easy' from. It wasn't easy, we made it hard for ourselves against second-string Championship sides and totally lucked out against relegation-battling Millwall. Our performances in the cup were as bad as performances in the league, bar Bournemouth.
      I was using easy in the sarcastic form. I thought that was obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton View Post
      I'm getting a bit angry about this message that is doing the rounds unchallenged...

“He has helped transform Brighton & Hove Albion, from fighting relegation to League One."

Yes, we were headed down the table, thanks to the disastrous tenure of Hyypia. However, the squad that Chris inherited was not broken. We had competed for play off finals in previous seasons under Gus and Oscar. The players, backroom and club management were all strong.

There is this underlying idea going around that Chris single-handily rescued the club from oblivion and took them into the Premier League. That simply isn't true, and yet it's easy twitter feed.

Chris played a hugely important role in a club full of talented and committed individuals who have brought Brighton its success to date. I'll be ever thankful for him, but he did not do it alone and he did not walk into a club that was in free fall.
      We had actually moved up the table in League One thanks to Nathan Jones getting a draw against Reading and beating Fulham. We were 19th in League One. Oscar Garcia had a load of loan players, and Hyypia had failed dismally, so Hughton had to take over a rag tag of a team to transform them. We were in danger of relegation.
      His very first game was an FA cup win at Brentford.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.