Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chris Hughton statement

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Released by the LMA this morning....................

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/news/lma-latest/chris-hughton-statement/

In a statement released by the League Managers Association, Chris Hughton said: “I was hugely disappointed and surprised, by the decision that was made to end my time with Brighton and Hove Albion FC.

“I thoroughly enjoyed my four and a half years managing this special football club. I would like to put on record my gratitude to my coaching staff, the players, fans, everyone connected to the club and the wider community of Brighton & Hove and wish them luck for the future.

LMA Chief Executive Richard Bevan added: “Chris’ impressive tenure has been inspirational for his peers in the game.

“He has helped transform Brighton & Hove Albion, from fighting relegation to League One, to competing with the best teams in the world and retaining Premier League status for yet another season.

“This season, he again proved his managerial ability in also leading his team to the Semi-Final of the FA Cup for only the second time in the club’s history.

“He continues to be a tremendous role model for young managers and coaches in the game.”

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
:shrug:

Bit pointless.

Absolutely true to type and in line with his press conferences, post match interviews etc. Being 'surprised' is about as controversial as he'd get. If he genuinely wasn't expecting it, might partly explain why it ended up being a sacking rather than mutual consent perhaps. We'll never know - Chris won't dish the dirt (if there is any). Way too dignified.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Classy as always. [MENTION=38177]Anya1000[/MENTION] will now be hugely disappointed too :smile:

Last edited:

WhingForPresident

Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
This praise for getting to the FA Cup semi is a bit silly really.

We beat Bournemouth reserves, got taken to a second leg and extra time against West Brom with Glenn Murray's cock saving the day, scraped past a second-string Derby team at home and were saved by a goalkeeping howler in a shambolic performance against Millwall.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
He'll easily get another role.

It is such a shame it was by sacking and not by mutual consent. That said, bit of a pointless statement really - of course you would be disappointed by being sacked...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This praise for getting to the FA Cup semi is a bit silly really.

We beat Bournemouth reserves, got taken to a second leg and extra time against West Brom with Glenn Murray's cock saving the day, scraped past a second-string Derby team at home and were saved by a goalkeeping howler in a shambolic performance against Millwall.
Ye and Man City they only beat Swansea with a couple of dodgy goals...should give the cup to Watford :moo:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
“Surprised” is the interesting word. I can’t interpret it in any more than only three ways:

1 “I paid no attention to the targets that had been set for me by the Board; I hadn’t realised they were important”

2 “The b’stards had more targets for me than they told me. That’s not on”

3 “I got stitched up”

2 and 3 are not mutually exclusive. Personally, I don’t believe 1.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here