Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] OT. Mobile phone signal/amplifier

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Our village has very poor mobile coverage. I am with Vodafone and use a sure signal. The second one in 3 years has died. They cost a hundred quid and tie you to Vodafone. I have fast broadband and Wi-Fi. I can get a couple of bars of mobile signal from attic window. Does anyone know a device, that works that can get that signal to the rest of the house. Thanks.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I would be on to Vodafone to complain that they aren't fit for purpose and you want a replacement.

Femtcells only work with the supplying network as they have to create a vpn to the mobile network.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Maybe switch networks? Vodaphone was appalling at my current property, I moved here in 1993, changed to O2 as it was and is still the best for me here.Just a thought.Grim though if all the networks are poor in your area.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
I would be on to Vodafone to complain that they aren't fit for purpose and you want a replacement.

Femtcells only work with the supplying network as they have to create a vpn to the mobile network.

Tried that last time and after threatening to leave got a tenner off but agree with you.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Maybe switch networks? Vodaphone was appalling at my current property, I moved here in 1993, changed to O2 as it was and is still the best for me here.Just a thought.Grim though if all the networks are poor in your area.

No bloody networks work in the village.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Do texts work with that?

No they don't, and neither do they on O2, but texts do work on EE and 3.

You'll also most likely need a specific phone too - Omsungs and uPhones will work, but others will need to have been bought direct from the network.

Anyway, who texts these days? WhatsApp all the way.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
landline , wifi , whats app sounds the answer here

Yes I use all those but some people still insist on ringing or texting me. Having googled there is no easy obvious answer so turned to nav who can normally answer anything. Maybe I will just have to bite the bullet and buy another sure signal.

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
I've got a crap signal at work and home. My phone is set up with 'Vodafone WiFi Call' Works a treat for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here