Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Members

Head Coach V Manager

0 Not allowed!
    Could someone please explain to me why we now have a Head Coach not a new Manager?

What is the difference?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members the right footed denilson's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      I guess a manager is traditionally in charge of almost all aspects of the club a la Fergie and Wenger. Whereas a coaches job is to simply motivate and improve players. Who picks the team is anyones guess.
      How long? Not long
      Because what you reap, is what you sow.
      A. Virgo, Football Genius

2 Not allowed!
      typically Manager controls all major playing activity at the club, different levels of the squad, signing players, so on. Head Coach suggests focus on just the first team, less direct involvment in signings.
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

8 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by the right footed denilson View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I guess a manager is traditionally in charge of almost all aspects of the club a la Fergie and Wenger. Whereas a coaches job is to simply motivate and improve players. Who picks the team is anyones guess.
      Coach trains, is part of the recruitment team, definitely picks the bloody team. Will also have a vision about style of play (if any good), be motivational, and will engage with the club's hinterland.

Manager ditto, plus makes occasional statements to the media about the club not giving him the tools to do the job (money for ludicrous transfer fees and salaries). Makes declarative statements about what the goals of the club should be (palpably unrealistic). Makes whiney and pitiful statements about glass celings having been reached, and the club not matching his/her ambitions.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA
      Glenn Murray's a wizzard, he wears a wizzard's hat, And when he get's his cock out, he says 'I'll score with that'
      He scores them with his left ball, he scores them with his right. And then he scores one with his arse, he's ****ing dynamite

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by the right footed denilson View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Pretty sure Potter will pick the team or he wouldn't be here.

2 Not allowed!
      So that when someone starts bitching about not earning enough or their contract extension not being sorted the man who’s already got the job of training and motivating them can say “nothing to do with me guv” and both parties get on with training and their relationship is undamaged.
      Nothing great in the world has ever been accomplished without passion.
      Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel

0 Not allowed!
      Head coach would get paid less. Can't moan about signings. NITK
      I haven't always followed the stripes. ||||
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Have we ever had a head coach who lasted more than a season?
      Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser - Toto Wolff

3 Not allowed!
      "Albion believe the title of head coach, rather than the more traditional manager, best suits the job Potter has taken now Ashworth is in place.
      But, in terms of the first team, it is essentially the same role as carried out by predecessor Chris Hughton."
      https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/176...n-to-business/

1 Not allowed!
      I always see a Head Coach as having a say in transfers, but predominantly, he's given a group of players, and it's his job to get the best out of them.

A manager has a greater involvement in transfers, he often does the "wheeling and dealing" with those dealings getting approved or otherwise on high.
      "I looked straight across to Graham Turner and their whole bench was in tears."