Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Knockaert

Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by the right footed denilson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All this talk about the importance of Bruno and Hughton....maybe this is actually a blessing. He's lost the security blanket of their support now. Everyone gets a clean slate, no favours, no room for attitudes. He needs to get his head down, work hard and listen to Potter. If he does he'll come good.
    Chip in or ship out

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members the right footed denilson's Avatar

7 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by thedonkeycentrehalf View Post
      Not the effort argument again. Much of what people seem to see as effort is completed wasted energy. Those unnecessary runs across the pitch to launch himself at a defender clearing the ball which he has no chance of closing down, followed by a long run back to get back into the position he should have been in originally are not effort - they show a lack of maturity and/or intelligence.

I hope you weren't one of the idiots who applauded him after he got himself needlessly sent off against Bournemouth.
      So you're arguing the headless chicken argument with the effort argument. Nice.
      Effort, even inefficient, is still effort. Most of his play is misguided currently, Potter will need to address this to get the best out of him, and AK will need to listen and respond. But what we do know, beyond argument, is that he will put in a shift, he gives a shit, and on has day has some serious skill.
      But let's just write him off.
      How long? Not long
      Because what you reap, is what you sow.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by the right footed denilson View Post
      So you're arguing the headless chicken argument with the effort argument. Nice.
      Effort, even inefficient, is still effort. Most of his play is misguided currently, Potter will need to address this to get the best out of him, and AK will need to listen and respond. But what we do know, beyond argument, is that he will put in a shift, he gives a shit, and on has day has some serious skill.
      But let's just write him off.
      I could run around and put in a shift but it doesn't make me a Premier League player - even Kerry Mayo put in a shift occasionally between pies. It is my opinion that we should sell him to championship team where he can play at his true level and we can look to move forward rather than always looking back.

We won't agree on this one and I know that this is just like the old Kuipers arguments on here - some will always only see the best of the player, others believe that their time has passed. If we all agreed on these things NSC would be a much duller place
      She’s the main man in the office in the city
      And she treats me like I’m just another lackey
      But I can put a tennis racket up against my face
      And pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
      In my opinion, you're an idiot. You don't like it? move on.
      sounds good

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by martin tyler View Post
      Might see a different Knockaert where he is given freedom to play football and attack from the front. Has the energy to play the potter system and press from the front
      This, but passing a bit more would be ideal.
      Jimmy Melia's shoes.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I think Knockaert will surprise us all and switch roles to become our midfield dynamo with the ball skills and trickery to create space and terrify defences. Our very own Mahrez. A bit like our Sully did in fact.
      Old Truelove ain't too hard to find
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dadams2k11 View Post
      I just hope he can cope without his crutches.

It was well documented that Bruno and Hughton were good for him and help him big time after his father passed away and we got promoted.

To lose one would be hard, but to lose two pieces of his support network will be even harder. I think Bruno will be the biggest loss to him personally.

If he gets to express him self on the pitch once again then we could see the AK of old.
      Although Bruno has said that he is staying in town with his family and hopes to have a role at the club (would bloody hope so too) so Knocky will still have Bruno around for support.

0 Not allowed!
      Hopefully he won't be in the club by that time.
      One of our highest earners. Contributes all-too-infrequently. One of the drinking crew. Stupid red cards. Bad attitude.
      Get rid.
      The voice of hindsight.
      Bring back Chris Hughton.

0 Not allowed!
      I reckon he's off to Leeds. Just a hunch. Their type of player
      It's not the size of the Cannon, it's the power of the shot.

2 Not allowed!
      Id be very surprised if he was sold, our best winger on his game, lets hope Mr Potter can get him 20 yards further up the pitch like all our wide men and give them a chance at attacking a side rather than defending a bit more often
      I have to give it to you Mr Hughton, you are a far better Manager than I ever thought.