Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'd give the man with a Masters in Leadership and Emotional Intelligence at least a fighting chance of working out how to get the best out of him......................................

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Effort, even inefficient, is still effort. .

Not always, tbh. Flying in to make a 'tackle' because you can't be bothered to actually bust a gut to try to catch up with an opponent, LOOKS like effort, but is actually laziness.

I see it all the time in club cricket - ball is hit between two fielders, and one makes a vain 'great effort' to dive for it. It is the other mug who actually has to chase it all the way out to the boundary.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm not one for losing too many of the core players in one go and hope that with a more attacking line-up Knocky will benefit from the increased pace and movement around him.

In terms of identity Knocky is still a key part of the Albion. If he has a good season I feel the team will have a good season.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I feel that in order to get the best out of Jahanbakhsh, we need to remove Knockaert from the right wing. I don't think we've seen anything like the Championship Knockaert in the Premier League and I don't believe he can improve because he doesn't seem able to get himself in the right frame of mind to do so. Personally, I would sell him to a Championship club (about 12 of them would want him) for as much over £10million as we can.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Knockys been alright since we got to the Prem. It's a weird misconception he is now shit as he totally destroyed the championship.

For what we are he's done just fine.

More to come for sure but he's not a million miles off being our best player again.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
is the correct answer ...........................

he needs to play in a division similar standard to Eredivisie

Yeah, in your previous post you say that you think Knockaert has "been alright", he's contributed what? 5 goals and the same in assists? In two seasons. He's not good enough at this level unless you intend to cling on season after season. We obviously need to score more goals, and our wingers need to contribute a lot more next season otherwise we will be doomed.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Yeah, in your previous post you say that you think Knockaert has "been alright", he's contributed what? 5 goals and the same in assists? In two seasons. He's not good enough at this level unless you intend to cling on season after season. We obviously need to score more goals, and our wingers need to contribute a lot more next season otherwise we will be doomed.
If you're kicking out players for being a bit average so far you're selling 3/4s of the squad

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
If you're kicking out players for being a bit average so far you're selling 3/4s of the squad

Below average would be my target, initially. And there aren't too many, not really. The only players I'd be looking to get rid of are Bong, Knockaert, Hemed and Steele. Everyone else is fine, but we need to invest in the squad and drive up the standards.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

What exactly have the other wide men done to avoid the chop... Knockaert is the only wide man we have that has actually proven to score these goals you are after..?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
He’s been through an awful lot in his young life. Give the bloke a break and let’s see what he can do with a fresh start and new manager next season. The majority of clubs in England and beyond would still bite our arm off to land him let’s not forget.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Below average would be my target, initially. And there aren't too many, not really. The only players I'd be looking to get rid of are Bong, Knockaert, Hemed and Steele. Everyone else is fine, but we need to invest in the squad and drive up the standards.
So Knockaert, who has more goals and assists this season than every other winger put together, is the only one of them below average.

As is our 3rd choice keeper who looked good in his 1 game.

You're a WUM.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So Knockaert, who has more goals and assists this season than every other winger put together, is the only one of them below average.

...and needs to be moved out of the way, to suit a guy with a tidy beard, who has proved way, way below that lofty standard.

Seems fair.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Yes he is stroppy, selfish , possibly hard to manage and sometimes out of control . Sounds like a description of some of the best player in the world.

Personal view is that had we played him and Bruno more this season we would have done better and whilst Bruno has moved on I still see someone who has made a big contribution.

Down to Potter to get the best from him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He has lost almost as much support from our fanbase as CH did. Proper marmite these days.

Really hope he stays to see what Potter can get from him. Sounds like exactly his type of player to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here