Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Furthermore, as mentioned above, I am yet to be convinced that he is truly PL quality on a consistent basis.

When finishing 17th how many of them actually are, on a consistent basis.

Does our team carry more threat with him in it than not? Yes.

Is he Premier League star? No.

Will GPs man management skills be tested by AK yes they will but I’ve got faith in him, alongside Bruno [how good is that to be able to say still?], to manage AK to deliver effective performances. Who knows maybe Bruno, unshackled by having to be quite so deferential to the manager’s POV compared to when just his captain/a fellow squad member, might be even better than CH at this?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
When finishing 17th how many of them actually are, on a consistent basis.

Does our team carry more threat with him in it than not? Yes.

Is he Premier League star? No.

Will GPs man management skills be tested by AK yes they will but I’ve got faith in him, alongside Bruno [how good is that to be able to say still?], to manage AK to deliver effective performances. Who knows maybe Bruno, unshackled by having to be quite so deferential to the manager’s POV compared to when just his captain/a fellow squad member, might be even better than CH at this?

Almost feels like Bruno has been retained specifically to act as a mentor to Knocky.............................

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Talking of squad numbers, I note Connolly is wearing number 28, which isn't the number he used for his League Cup appearances last season (66). Does that perhaps mean he's staying to play first team football...?

I wouldn't read anything into it. He actually wore 44 last season (he wore 66 in 2017-18). He was wearing 44 last week in training.

Ben White was wearing 28 last week before his move to Leeds.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I think AK will be given one more season to see how he goes with GP, if not fruitfull then he will be sold next summer.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Should have received a red card only seconds in. :ohmy:

Apparently the ref said to Knocky that both players dived in, which was why he got the yellow not red.
Seemed a sensible enough decision to me at the time.

And yes I'm in the "he can do no wrong after that goal" camp too.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Apparently the ref said to Knocky that both players dived in, which was why he got the yellow not red.
Seemed a sensible enough decision to me at the time.

Yeah read something quoting the ref saying if the Palace player had made contact first he'd have got the card instead of Knockaert. All this "shouldn't have been on the pitch" stuff is bollocks as both players were at fault.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here