Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Might see a different Knockaert where he is given freedom to play football and attack from the front. Has the energy to play the potter system and press from the front

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Potter has said part of his ethos is to get players to not dwell on their mistakes, this could be a massive sea-change for Knockaert, as many of his on-field problems arrive as a consequence of mistakes he has made!

If Potter is true to his word, then we could see a very different AK as a result.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I can see him being given, and giving himself, a fresh start.

Potter seems to help players make good decisions on the pitch, and also seems to be able to foster a positive attitude in his players. For me AK is a few better decisions and a positive attitude away from being a PL star.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I just hope he can cope without his crutches.

It was well documented that Bruno and Hughton were good for him and help him big time after his father passed away and we got promoted.

To lose one would be hard, but to lose two pieces of his support network will be even harder. I think Bruno will be the biggest loss to him personally.

If he gets to express him self on the pitch once again then we could see the AK of old.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Sorry but people are overlooking one issue. AK has now come up against Premier league standard defenders who may be quick not only in pace but of the mind. The fancy step step overs that bamboozled championship defences are now nowhere near as effective. His skills and workrate will be needed but need to get mind right too. Avoid rash challenges, lay off the simple pass rather than over dribble into blind alleys and stop the histrionics and moaning at your team mates.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Knocky clearly needs a manager with man management skills who encourages players to express themselves without fear of failure. Sounds to me as though that's what we are getting in potter.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
It seems to me that the only way knocky wont be a starting winger for us is if someone bids big money for him and we accept it (unlikely), we play wing backs and potter doesnt see knocky as one of them or fitting in centrally (about 30 percent chance), izquierdo regains full fitness and form (hmmmm) or ali j shows in pre season why he is 17 million national top goal scorer (I'll leave you to consider the probability of that yourself)

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Will be interesting to see how Potter will use him. Starting 11, subsitute or maybe he won't even make the bench?
With a new manager comes a new beginning for everybody. It's going to be interesting to see who grasps the fresh start. Hopefully all of them.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I think a large part of Knocky’s success in the Championship team was that he knew that he had sufficient skill to go past defenders. It has been demonstrated many times in the PL that he possesses insufficient skill to go past defenders at this level in the same way. To be fair, few attackers do - that’s why quick, slick passing between 5 or 6 players is usually required to break the defences down.

No amount of confidence building will turn him into Messi.

If Knocky is to play in our first team, he’ll have to learn how to be a genuine team player rather than a lone maverick (this is where Bruno may have helped), and to learn how to play differently - quick, one touch football - this is where Potter may help.

I hope he does learn, it’d be great to see him part of a movement that cuts a defence to shreds. However, the days of him soloing past 3 defenders are long gone* - unless we’re relegated of course.

* Selhurst aside...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here