Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Should milk shake attacks be classed as common assault?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Totally agree. I disagree with the guy's politics but he should have a platform to air his views irrespective of how much we don't agree with him and anyone condoning such actions is a non-democrat. Fine line between milk shake attack, acid attack or shooting ...........different outcomes born of hatred emanating from different personalities.

TNBA

TTF

I think there is a fine history of throwing tomatoes, rotten eggs and so on at politician's whose actions we find deplorable, a wake up call shall we say - there's no fine line as pointed out several times on this thread because throwing food and drink is an established practice, it's not a slippery slope to something different.

There is also a history of people taking very different deadly actions when they get riled up by angry rhetoric.

Basically people are more likely to act on words rather than copying actions

Would be nice to see political discourse more tempered, had it ever been this way or we just imagine a golden age of reasoned debate?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
...in much the same way that Farage is probably not a racist, but...

Oh make no mistake, that man is a racist.

I used to think not but recently his past has been highlighted and he’s a weapons grade racist.

People are being pretty naive to imagine that in right wing extremist organisations, in England in 2019, there are no racists. And even dafter to imagine the leaders of these said parties are not racist.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Oh make no mistake, that man is a racist.

I used to think not but recently his past has been highlighted and he’s a weapons grade racist.

People are being pretty naive to imagine that in right wing extremist organisations, in England in 2019, there are no racists. And even dafter to imagine the leaders of these said parties are not racist.

Even at school, with named quotes from teachers.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ukip/10322331/Nigel-Farage-was-a-racist-schoolboy.html

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Nigel Farage has said he would, “don khaki, pick up a rifle and head for the front lines” if Theresa May fails to deliver Brexit in the fashion he wants.

Getting what he deserves.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I'd describe it as more of an elite-assault

Better to concentrate on the more important issue like the Brexit party funding, past funding violations, NCA investigation to Banks, his friends, his links with Trump etc, etc...

Throwing a milkshake over him just allows Farage to play the victim card, straight from the Trump / Bannon playbook. Its not a good idea...

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Seem like a delightful bunch. Many seems OK on the face of things until you start digging..
So because some writes something it's true?

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I suppose it doesn't matter whether Robinson is a right wing extremist or not, if he leads an organisation full of right wing extremists and is a poster boy for right wing extremism

He turns up in the night and at 5am to intimidate a journalist who has been investigating him. That's besides his convictions for assaulting a policeman trying to stop him beating his partner, convictions for mortgage fraud and attempting to enter America with a false passport.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/michael-stuchbery-tommy-robinson_uk_5c7e7ebce4b069b2129fc4df

D

Deleted member 2719

Yes, even throwing water or beer over someone is assault. The chap has also been charged with criminal damage as it ruined Farage's microphone.

Farage does love being a 'victim' though. It's all publicity for him.

John Prescott had an egg thrown at him, threw a punch or two back, and that was it. He didn't prefer charges on the thrower.

Prescott should of had a straight red card for that, nasty man with no class.

Thats why Farage is Premier league.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here