Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Should milk shake attacks be classed as common assault?

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
This is the slippery slope when assaulting people is normalised. It emboldens others to take a step too far when throwing objects at people is no longer considered an offence, in every level of society. One week people were laughing at the assault on Robinson, the next week hundreds want to assault him for a "laugh" because that is the message being sent. Because it's funny?

Yeah, but is that really the case or are you just being a little dramatic? Comparing someone getting milkshake on their suit or hair to a full on riot involving missiles being thrown is a bit silly. I'm sure 99% of the people who are happy to laugh when the likes of Yaxley-Lennon having a milkshake thrown on him after riling up a crowd, would be horrified if he took an absolute pasting from an angry mob.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
This is the slippery slope when assaulting people is normalised. It emboldens others to take a step too far when throwing objects at people is no longer considered an offence, in every level of society. One week people were laughing at the assault on Robinson, the next week hundreds want to assault him for a "laugh" because that is the message being sent. Because it's funny?

I enjoyed seeing the video of that American nazi getting punched in the face but I wouldn't enjoy seeing an isis beheading, for example. Everything is black and white for you or you're just playing devils advocate for the sake of it?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Will it be so funny when it's acid?

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Or when its one of 'your political team'?

Politics has become no better than football, we chant let him die at a Palace player when hes going off but get incensed when an Albion player gets hit with a bad challenge. This is no different really, people are all for punching right wingers or lobbing milkshakes at dickheads like Farage but if you lobbed the milkshake at someone they liked politically or believed in the same people loving this would be calling for prison time on the other side.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Hundreds? Really? How many have assaulted Yaxley-Lennon this week?

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I don't support people throwing milkshakes and I think the biggest danger is it plays to Farage's lies about being a victim. He is the biggest danger to the well being and livelihood of the people of the UK for decades, and not for any anti-establisment fantasy he pretends. While showing up his pathetic nature might be good for morale it won't win votes and that's all that matters.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Legally, it’s a slippery slope.

Or maybe a rocky road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't support people throwing milkshakes and I think the biggest danger is it plays to Farage's lies about being a victim. He is the biggest danger to the well being and livelihood of the people of the UK for decades, and not for any anti-establisment fantasy he pretends. While showing up his pathetic nature might be good for morale it won't win votes and that's all that matters.

Seeing as Benjamin and Yaxley-Lennon had been milk shaked previously, it wouldn't surprise me if it hadn't been set up, so he appeared to be a victim.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Oh, you may have missed it on the news, actually it wasn't so you wouldn't be aware of his election campaign being attacked with rocks and bottles thrown.

How is that any different to the BNP or EDL marches when Antifa collided? It isn't new and has been going on for decades. What you sow, you reap.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Oh, you may have missed it on the news, actually it wasn't so you wouldn't be aware of his election campaign being attacked with rocks and bottles thrown.

https://youtu.be/iz2ojqr3Lro

This video perhaps requires a little backstory - do you happen to have any further details?

First: where are these supposed 'kids' in the video?

Second: the nasty brown people are chanting "Nazi scum, off our streets" which, to me, suggests they were antagonised by the Yaxley-Lennon 'political' demonstration. Do you have any footage before this showing the demonstration occurring entirely peacefully and without malice?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Seeing as Benjamin and Yaxley-Lennon had been milk shaked previously, it wouldn't surprise me if it hadn't been set up, so he appeared to be a victim.

Wouldn't surprise me either.7,000 donations over and above a normal day pays for an awful lot of milk shakes,plus one and half points on the poll ratings.The thrower looked gullible enough.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
How is that any different to the BNP or EDL marches when Antifa collided? It isn't new and has been going on for decades. What you sow, you reap.

Robinson does not represent the BNP or EDL and he has never been part of premeditated attacks on groups of people and nor does he condone it. However you believe that the violence against him was justified because of your preconceived demonised view on him that has been painted in the media.

Would you believe it? A civilised discussion with a Muslim on his campaign trail. But you want milkshake, bricks and bottles as the entertainment.

https://youtu.be/-rED4U9nuUQ

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
This video perhaps requires a little backstory - do you happen to have any further details?

First: where are these supposed 'kids' in the video?

Second: the nasty brown people are chanting "Nazi scum, off our streets" which, to me, suggests they were antagonised by the Yaxley-Lennon 'political' demonstration. Do you have any footage before this showing the demonstration occurring entirely peacefully and without malice?

Yes there are plenty of videos out there, and one with the police leading the MDL to where Robinson was. I'm not going to do your work for you though. Yaxley wasn't on a demonstration you fool.

Oh yes and you will see the riot police in the second video chasing the ones causing trouble.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Any video I ever see of Yaxley, he is either being attacked or attacking someone else.
The chances are he is as much to blame as his many, many opponents.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Robinson does not represent the BNP or EDL and he has never been part of premeditated attacks on groups of people and nor does he condone it. However you believe that the violence against him was justified because of your preconceived demonised view on him that has been painted in the media.

Would you believe it? A civilised discussion with a Muslim on his campaign trail. But you want milkshake, bricks and bottles as the entertainment.

That's quite an accusation! I suggest you take it back.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You said "You reap what you sow" Take that back.

That's a biblical quote. (Luke 19:21-22) Budhists call it karma. You also said Yaxley-Lennon does not represent the EDL. He started the EDL.

You have accused me of wanting milkshakes bricks and bottles as entertainment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here