Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Jamie Oliver’s Restaurants Administration!

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
From memory I have had meals at his outlets and was not impressed but I do feel sorry for the 1,000 plus employees who are likley to be looking for new jobs in what has become a difficult employment sector

There is something about Jamie Oliver that I cannot warm to I think its this bish bosh throw everything into a pan and make it look a mess on the plate or even worse serving food on a lump of wood or slate what's that all about I want a plate if I wanted to eat camping style I would have joined the scouts.

However much as I hate to admit it Jamie Oliver recipes on line when you don't have to listern to him are on the whole fantastic they may have a lot of ingredients but his mixing of flouvours is top class

So basically you like his food, but not his choice in crockery!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
A friend of mine works at Head Office and knows JO pretty well. Aparently he's a lovely guy that goes above and beyond for this staff.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Court papers revealed that Jamie's Italian had debts of £71.5m, including: £2.2m in wages owed to STAFF booooooooooooooo

Thanks for the detailed breakdown of the creditor situation.

That £2.2m can quite easily be one month of staff wages. The business is going into administration not liquidation so can still trade in admin if the administrators think this will achieve the best result for creditors. They may well agree to pay the staff the owed salaries plus additional salaries for some to stay on to see the business trade through for a period of time with no additional creditor pressure now on them.

You have absolutely no details of the rest of the debt owed. This could be loans against machinery etc etc. That figure means nothing until you know the value the administrators will achieve from either selling the business or disposing of all the assets+some extra trading income, most of which will then go towards the debt owed.

Still, big numbers are scary aren't they? Must mean he's a shit.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Court papers revealed that Jamie's Italian had debts of £71.5m, including: £2.2m in wages owed to STAFF booooooooooooooo

If you take a snapshot of almost any business at any moment in time it will owe staff wages, due to the way businesses pay people for work they've done and not going to do.

Assuming you work and given it's the 21st of the month, you are almost certainly owed wages by your employer.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
No, but what relevance to sheer volume of debt run up against staff, suppliers and landlords I fail to recognise.

I'm also a terrible person. I have a HUGE debt called a mortgage.

I realise I should have just bought the house outright. Who am I kidding?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
If you take a snapshot of almost any business at any moment in time it will owe staff wages, due to the way businesses pay people for work they've done and not going to do.

Assuming you work and given it's the 21st of the month, you are almost certainly owed wages by your employer.

I’ll try another angle, suppliers, landlords and even those naughty people at HMRC ?

Anyhoo this thread is going the same way as Danny Baker, those the like him will sit on the other side of the fence to those that don’t I guess.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I’ll try another angle, suppliers, landlords and even those naughty people at HMRC ?

Anyhoo this thread is going the same way as Danny Baker, those the like him will sit on the other side of the fence to those that don’t I guess.

Or those that are actually informed in business will give a lesson to those who just think they are?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Once again, many businesses, at any point in time, will have a list of debtors that may look utterly horrific for a number of reasons, most of which are absolutely no cause for concern. Those same businesses will also owe money to others.

Businesses fail - it's an unfortunate reality. Sometimes they fail because those running them are shit, many times they are not. I can't speak for the quality of Jamie Oliver and his management team, but what I'm not going to do is find some sort of perverse joy in his business failing because he's a bit of a Marmite personality.

I'm also not going to find fault in those who take on the big risks associated with entrepreneurship, and fail, If it wasn't for those who try, and fail, we wouldn't have half of what we enjoy.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Once again, many businesses, at any point in time, will have a list of debtors that may look utterly horrific for a number of reasons, most of which are absolutely no cause for concern. Those same businesses will also owe money to others.

Businesses fail - it's an unfortunate reality. Sometimes they fail because those running them are shit, many times they are not. I can't speak for the quality of Jamie Oliver and his management team, but what I'm not going to do is find some sort of perverse joy in his business failing because he's a bit of a Marmite personality.

I'm also not going to find fault in those who take on the big risks associated with entrepreneurship, and fail, If it wasn't for those who try, and fail, we wouldn't have half of what we enjoy.

I'm not keen on the fellow, but your 100% correct..

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

Yes, that's a pretty fair assessment. Some of the ' businesses experts' on here might be better served by just saying I don't like Jamie Oliver.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I'm also a terrible person. I have a HUGE debt called a mortgage.

I realise I should have just bought the house outright. Who am I kidding?

It's your own fault for buying something so big. :rolleyes:

Capture.PNG1_.png

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I guess Brexit has absolutely nothing to do with British Steel on the verge of administration either.

I think successive Governments allowing the flooding of the market with cheap Chinese steel is more than likely the answer to that one.
Simple answer, any new building project, flats, shopping centres, retail parks only get planning permission If British steel is used.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here