Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Jamie Oliver’s Restaurants Administration!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
British celebrity chef Jamie Oliver’s restaurants set to go into administration, putting up to 1,300 jobs at risk!

He’ll be alright though [emoji35]

What is your point?

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
British celebrity chef Jamie Oliver’s restaurants set to go into administration, putting up to 1,300 jobs at risk!

I would imagine people have stopped eating shite, microwaved slop at his keenly priced restaurants because of Brexit, those racist gammon have a lot to answer for.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I feel sorry for the people who will lose their jobs whilst he dreams up his next cluster **** of a business plan!

Why is it a cluster **** of a business plan? Did you think it was that when things were going well? What should he have done - slowly wound down the business over time anyway?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Not surprised overpriced food just trading on his name to justify higher prices and customers can't be fooled all the time

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Because Britain needed yet another chain over priced faux Italian eateries right?

He founded them 11 years ago. Was it a bad idea then? And still a bad idea when it was successful?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Why the angry face? If he hadn't taken the risk to set the business up, then all those people wouldn't have had jobs to lose in the first place.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yes because 11 years later he’s failed and failed to make relevant changes.

I don't argue with that they got to big and struggled to adapt to changes in the market but they were a successful business for the first 8 years, so not sure it was a 'cluster **** of a business plan'

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Whenever I ate in one of places I came away thinking it was just a mediocre chain with his name slapped on the front.

Very rarely take food back, but I had to at one of his. It was so bad they removed it from the menu.

That's the problem with restaurants. One bad experience and you never go back.

Hope the staff find new jobs.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
He'd pumped in a lot of personal cash not long ago when it was looking in trouble.

I've only visited them once or twice, and not recently, but thought the food was pretty decent as chains go. Certainly a step above any of the other large Italian chains I've ever eaten in.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I don't argue with that they got to big and struggled to adapt to changes in the market but they were a successful business for the first 8 years, so not sure it was a 'cluster **** of a business plan'

Any business that goes into administration is is a cluster **** of a business plan, surely?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

Job losses never good, but the food was shite..

Yep he will be alright the smug ****..

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Blimey, I'm not sure I get the hate for Oliver himself.

He's always struck me as a decent bloke who wants to do the right thing for others. He takes risks and has done well for himself.

I appreciate his tone and mannerisms won't suit everyone, but I'm not sure I could be wishing ill on him because of that.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here