Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Jamie Oliver’s Restaurants Administration!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I should have followed the Nando's business plan:-

'Only sell 1 thing.
Write it differently across the menu.
Hope enough gullible tosspots out there to stupid to realise they're eating at a low grade KFC'.

It seems to be working for them.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
This.

Good old fashioned schadenfreude, wishing ill on someone. Fuelled for some because he’s had the courage to mention the crap kids eat and the resulting obesity epidemic.

[emoji23] Utter nonsense, you’re over thinking it, not one of the detractors has mentioned that, nor would they as no one is arguing the hard work his does in the community.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I think successive Governments allowing the flooding of the market with cheap Chinese steel is more than likely the answer to that one.
Simple answer, any new building project, flats, shopping centres, retail parks only get planning permission If British steel is used.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Problem is Chinese money is funding half the projects so that’s why they use it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Unfortunately it looks like EU law is preventing the Government stepping in now.If British steel can just hang on in there till October 31st it could be saveable.

Who cares. Cluster **** of a business plan

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
I think successive Governments allowing the flooding of the market with cheap Chinese steel is more than likely the answer to that one.
Simple answer, any new building project, flats, shopping centres, retail parks only get planning permission If British steel is used.

Absolutely not the case. Literally not even close. British Steel is ran by a bunch of morons who are a result of the Tata days when every quarter, Tata would pump £150m into the company. Board of directors have not adapted British Steel at all to cope. Rather than dealing with their absolutely absurd sales strategy of giving everyone 120 day payment terms when they can only acquire 30 day terms with their suppliers, they continued to hope that Greybull would come on bull back with a bag of cash.

Unfortunately it looks like EU law is preventing the Government stepping in now.If British steel can just hang on in there till October 31st it could be saveable.

So why did the government bail out their EUETS bill?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I remember when he launched a magazine.

The opening words in his intro were: "Well, what can I say?"

Not being funny, you fat-tongued Mockney tw@t, but you probably should have thought about that before the launch.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I think the footnote will be the over expansion of a mediocre product.

The key to Jamie Oliver's success is teaching people to make enjoyable, accessible and easy to prepare food at home.

Not sure selling that type of food in a restaurant is a long term business.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
[emoji23] Utter nonsense, you’re over thinking it, not one of the detractors has mentioned that, nor would they as no one is arguing the hard work his does in the community.

[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], with 30 thumb-ups, summed it up ... “Why the hate?”.

AE806553-659D-489F-AE9E-D22B7418EB39.png

In a cut throat sector, with huge rent and rates obligations, Jamie ran this business for 11 years, training up countless individuals, whilst contributing to the Exchequer with PAYE and VAT. Well done to his entrepreneurial endeavour.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
He'd pumped in a lot of personal cash not long ago when it was looking in trouble.

I've only visited them once or twice, and not recently, but thought the food was pretty decent as chains go. Certainly a step above any of the other large Italian chains I've ever eaten in.

Reported as being 13 million. 4 million less than Persian Ali.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
The biggest reason this failed was the excessive growth which was undoubtedly fuelled by greed.

A restaurant trading under the Jamie Oliver banner was somewhere unique and somewhere the consumer could go to sample his creations.

By rolling this concept out across the country it just become yet another high street chain. Not somewhere unique, not somewhere special and on a par with somewhere ordinary like Bella Italia for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I too do not understand the hatred for him. He's employed so many people over the last 11 years or so and because of his character, he gets slated. So many insults to someone you have never met. Pretty sad.

I've eaten in his restaurant in Black Lion Street a few times. Always good food and certainly not overpriced.

Keep up that hating of successful people, hope it makes you feel better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here