Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 164
  1. #71
    Captain Hindsight TSB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Lansdowne Place, Hove
    Posts
    17,302


    2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Run View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’ll try another angle, suppliers, landlords and even those naughty people at HMRC ?

    Anyhoo this thread is going the same way as Danny Baker, those the like him will sit on the other side of the fence to those that don’t I guess.
    Or those that are actually informed in business will give a lesson to those who just think they are?
    The voice of hindsight.
    Bring back Chris Hughton.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #72
      You can change this Bozza's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Back in Sussex
      Posts
      43,029


      7 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Run View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I’ll try another angle, suppliers, landlords and even those naughty people at HMRC ?

      Anyhoo this thread is going the same way as Danny Baker, those the like him will sit on the other side of the fence to those that don’t I guess.
      Once again, many businesses, at any point in time, will have a list of debtors that may look utterly horrific for a number of reasons, most of which are absolutely no cause for concern. Those same businesses will also owe money to others.

      Businesses fail - it's an unfortunate reality. Sometimes they fail because those running them are shit, many times they are not. I can't speak for the quality of Jamie Oliver and his management team, but what I'm not going to do is find some sort of perverse joy in his business failing because he's a bit of a Marmite personality.

      I'm also not going to find fault in those who take on the big risks associated with entrepreneurship, and fail, If it wasn't for those who try, and fail, we wouldn't have half of what we enjoy.
    • #73
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Uffern
      Posts
      24,445


      3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Albion_Dave View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Jamie Oliver Restaurants go in to administrone.
      Yeah, he got his just desserts
      Brevis esse laboro, obscurus fio
    • #74
      Hedging up neilbard's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2013
      Location
      Tyringham
      Posts
      4,131


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Once again, many businesses, at any point in time, will have a list of debtors that may look utterly horrific for a number of reasons, most of which are absolutely no cause for concern. Those same businesses will also owe money to others.

      Businesses fail - it's an unfortunate reality. Sometimes they fail because those running them are shit, many times they are not. I can't speak for the quality of Jamie Oliver and his management team, but what I'm not going to do is find some sort of perverse joy in his business failing because he's a bit of a Marmite personality.

      I'm also not going to find fault in those who take on the big risks associated with entrepreneurship, and fail, If it wasn't for those who try, and fail, we wouldn't have half of what we enjoy.
      I'm not keen on the fellow, but your 100% correct..
      Weather forecast for tonight: dark.
    • #75
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Kitbag in Dubai
      Posts
      5,563


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Albion_Dave View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Jamie Oliver Restaurants go in to administrone.
      "To be honest, I was holding out just for Brighton really. This is where I wanted to be."
      - Bobby Zamora, Tuesday 4th August 2015
      "It does not matter what league you are in, the goalposts don't move."
      - Glenn Murray, Sunday 4th March 2018
    • #76
      Members
      Join Date
      Jan 2004
      Posts
      2,392


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Once again, many businesses, at any point in time, will have a list of debtors that may look utterly horrific for a number of reasons, most of which are absolutely no cause for concern. Those same businesses will also owe money to others.

      Businesses fail - it's an unfortunate reality. Sometimes they fail because those running them are shit, many times they are not. I can't speak for the quality of Jamie Oliver and his management team, but what I'm not going to do is find some sort of perverse joy in his business failing because he's a bit of a Marmite personality.

      I'm also not going to find fault in those who take on the big risks associated with entrepreneurship, and fail, If it wasn't for those who try, and fail, we wouldn't have half of what we enjoy.
      Yes, that's a pretty fair assessment. Some of the ' businesses experts' on here might be better served by just saying I don't like Jamie Oliver.
    • #77
      Hedging up neilbard's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2013
      Location
      Tyringham
      Posts
      4,131


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by mejonaNO12 aka riskit View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I'm also a terrible person. I have a HUGE debt called a mortgage.

      I realise I should have just bought the house outright. Who am I kidding?
      It's your own fault for buying something so big.

      Name:  Capture.PNG1_.png
Views: 149
Size:  1.43 MB
      Weather forecast for tonight: dark.
    • #78
      Members Chicken Run's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      West Hove
      Posts
      9,311


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by TSB View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Or those that are actually informed in business will give a lesson to those who just think they are?
      I certainly wouldnít take any advice off JO looking at his track record!
    • #79

      4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Run View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I certainly wouldn’t take any advice off JO looking at his track record!
      Multi millionaire Jamie Oliver?

      Ok
      The Bernie Taupin of the Football Chant world

      Quote Originally Posted by Husty View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Not the sharpest tool in the draw are you?
    • #80
      Members Baker lite's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2017
      Location
      in my house
      Posts
      1,538


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by SollysLeftFoot View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I guess Brexit has absolutely nothing to do with British Steel on the verge of administration either.
      I think successive Governments allowing the flooding of the market with cheap Chinese steel is more than likely the answer to that one.
      Simple answer, any new building project, flats, shopping centres, retail parks only get planning permission If British steel is used.


      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •