Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Upcoming play off weekend

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Any thoughts on them, apart from the obviously excellent news that Leeds and little Portsmouth aren't in them?

I have a feeling FLD will turn over Aston Villa in the Championship play-off and I suspect that it would be to our benefit if they did, as Villa are bankrolled by some wealthy Chinese businessman. They would find it quite easy to attract good players if they go up, whereas Derby will be battling to avoid relegation.

Sunderland v Charlton is a fascinating one. A battle between two clubs that have had their fair share of shit times recently. On balance I think I'd like Charlton to make it, and they have form on their side.

Tranmere v Newport - both sides were non-league not long ago (Tranmere last year). I fancy Tranmere to nick it, but hope Newport do.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Derby, Charlton and Tranmere would be my preferences.

Derby are more like us, whereas Villa would have some serious money behind them.

Should we ever go down, I like The Valley.

Last one was :shrug:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Definitely prefer Derby to come up, but reckon Villa will do it.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Same for me. Derby & Charlton.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Hope
Derby , Charlton and Newport

Really hope Tranmere fail after seeing Mike Dean celebrating like a goon.

Derby up will help us for sure.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Derby and Villa have a similar likeability rating (not especially high but a certain grudging respect). A Derby win would possibly be better for us, but on the other hand we might be looking at certain Derby players if they stay down, or so might our rivals, so who knows.

Charlton v Sunderland = I think all right-minded football fans will take pleasure from Sunderland's stay in the lower leagues and want it to continue. Also Charlton fans recognise scum when they see it. Easily Charlton

Tranmere v Newport = two decent lower league clubs. Wish good things on both of them

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I think Villa,Charlton & Tranmere will win

I would like to see Derby,Sunderland & Newport County however

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Hope
Derby , Charlton and Newport

Really hope Tranmere fail after seeing Mike Dean celebrating like a goon.

Derby up will help us for sure.

It would be Karma if they fail to go up because of a sh!t ref decision. I would actually start to believe the world is good place to live again.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
In the Tranmere end on Saturday, friend of a friend is a STH so going for the day out as we did last year. Expecting another big following from them...

Villa & Charlton for me

Magicman

Jul 19, 2011
Elm Grove
Really hoping Derby come up. I am going on Monday with my Derby supporing relatives .
Weekends away with them , and them down with us when we play each other are a blast.
Day on the lash is a bonus !

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
We released James Norwood from our Youth team, he then went to Palace and didn't make it there either.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Newport fans boo our National Anthem. Classy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here