Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Barber and Ian Holloway on Talksport

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Could be entertaining, I don't think Holloway was too impressed with the decision to sack Chris Hughton. I've no doubt Barber is going into it fully in the knowledge that he's going to get a grilling about CH, but fair play to him for getting himself out there. I'm sure he's well rehearsed and practiced in what he will say, and will present his point eloquently.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Talksport would be fairly entertaining if it wasn't for the hideous ads every two mins. Can't bear to tune in for that reason.

The one for 'Talksport singles' in particular is ****ING SHIT.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Quite pointed from Holloway, as expected, on the sacking of Hughton.

Barber's response largely hinging on a belief that Hughton didn't get the best out of the (new) players he had.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Holloway very complimentary of Albion as a club - a few jokes about the play-off game and how Poyet thought it was "job done" after the first leg and, as a result, Holloway didn't need to motivate his players.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Holloway very complimentary of Albion as a club - a few jokes about the play-off game and how Poyet thought it was "job done" after the first leg and, as a result, Holloway didn't need to motivate his players.

I think most of us thought that before the game? I know I did.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

Yeah Olly has been a fan of our setup for a long while now. I think he's pretty reasonable these days to be honest now he's no longer playing the truculent clown every week.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Well, it was definitely 'jobbie done' before the second leg...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Opportunity missed to get the truth about poo-gate out on record once and for all?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I thought PB handled that well, the critical angle Olly was applying certainly would have sucked me into a few Hughton statistics which don’t read to well.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I had a listen to TalkSPort last night. I played 5 a side so my usual afternoon listening had long finished.

Simon Jordan was on talking about the Potter signing. I hate to admit it but he actually spoke very well about us as a club and football in general. Heard him a few times and wanted him to shut up. Last night I was a little impressed.

I played well for the first time in weeks so it may have been the euphoria getting the better of me

Seagull122

Mar 16, 2019
Thought barber conducted himself very well and said all the right things, like he usually does. Was Holloway really trying to say at the end that Potter was lucky that Swansea got rid of 16 first team players because they might cause problems in the changing room? Also said that he was lucky that Swansea have great owners and that he had such good youth players to start with. Half of the players potter inherited didn’t look like they cut it in league 1/2 and now clubs like man united are coming after them a season later.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here