The back stabbers (back stabbers)
(They smile in your face)
All the time they want to take your place

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Personally i didnt ....we had chances in that first leg we didn’t take..had a feeling that would come back to haunt us.

Felt the same, but I still maintain we played well for 75 minutes.
Speroni’s save from Barnes often gets overlooked but to me that was the game changer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Classic O’Jays song this;

(They smile in your face)
Your point in extracting lyrics from an old song?

It's rhetorical-don't bother.

Nobody has been stabbed in the back. Our previous manager was moved on because he was deemed to be not good enough to take the club forward. Far from being stabbed in the back, Hughton had more than enough time to prove he was. He wasn't. When attacking threats like Solly March are told to not go too far forward there was only one outcome.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Nobody has been stabbed in the back. Our previous manager was moved on because he was deemed to be not good enough to take the club forward. Far from being stabbed in the back, Hughton had more than enough time to prove he was. He wasn't. When attacking threats like Solly March are told to not go too far forward there was only one outcome.

Yep this.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin

Absolutely, stabbing him in the back would have been publicly backing him after Bournemouth then sacking him after Cardiff. Additionally, I think Hughton knew, I'm sure there were discussions in the board room that told him they would look to replace him once the season has ended. The Telegraph's Audio Football Club podcast on the day he got sacked mentioned that he sounded like he knew it was his last press conference.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Interspersed by 6 minutes of ads and traffic news, every 15 minutes.

A waste of precious time listening to all that dirge. I unhooked myself and now listen to music.

H&J are OK and have some really interesting guests, plus they seem to be about the only weekday daytime show on there that dares to deviate from the football (the Premier League). For the rest, I sometimes just end up sticking it on and listening to it in the background, or it's because I'm not in the car long enough to be arsed to change it.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
If you were paying Barber's wages would you see his frequent media appearances as a worthwhile use of his time, other than building "Brand Barber"? Is there a benefit to the club in having him (or anyone else) trying to justify Hughton's sacking (yet again)?

Being transparent is seen as a good thing by most fans.

Plenty of fans of other clubs bemoaning never being told anything by their club or owners. Which in turn often leads to resentment and a dissatisfaction of those running the club.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Absolutely, stabbing him in the back would have been publicly backing him after Bournemouth then sacking him after Cardiff. Additionally, I think Hughton knew, I'm sure there were discussions in the board room that told him they would look to replace him once the season has ended. The Telegraph's Audio Football Club podcast on the day he got sacked mentioned that he sounded like he knew it was his last press conference.

Exactly. At no point was he ever given the dreaded 'vote of confidence', and the club never said anything in public and then did the complete opposite.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

The Telegraph podcasters may have thought that it sounded that way, but I understand there had been no warning and it was a complete surpise to him.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Ian Holloway is one of the biggest twats to be involved in football. And this interview reaffirmed that.

First he attacked potters background at Swansea, by not being 'Glittering' to which Barber had to remind him that many of Swansea's premier league players were sold.
Then he thought he was making a good point that CH never got relegated and only got better.

Barber then had to explain to the thick ****, that it was the poor performances of the players on a regular basis, that ultimately led to his dismissal.
Even after explaining that we needed to go in a different direction to take the club to the next stage.

(This was very long and well presented by barber) Even after all that, Holloway just did he usual, I know better attitude, and said it was very Harsh anyway.

Last edited:

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Ali J was signed to score and create goals. He did that in Holland more than anyone else last season on right side of a front three with a defensive midfielder and full back behind him. Did he defend much in Holland? Did he ****!

I didn’t see him in his favoured position or system all season. Added to his reputation for being gash in his first season at new clubs, I think it’s unfair for so many people to write him off. I just can’t recall him getting into many attacking positions. He is not a winger, he is not a right/left sided midfielder - perhaps our Harry will play him in his preferred position as a forward in a three on the right side.

I agree with you. Hopefully we see a different AJ

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here