Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] RIP Niki Lauda

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I'm old enough to remember the accident but I was unaware that he was back racing again just 40 days after the accident. Incredible. RIP

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Shocked to hear about this. I didn't get the impression he was ill on F1 last year or that he underwent a lung transplant last August. Sad news I thought he would be around for years.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
One thing about the film was it presented him and Hunt as bitter rivals whereas they were in fact big buddies.

RIP

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
One thing about the film was it presented him and Hunt as bitter rivals whereas they were in fact big buddies.

RIP

Yes, very true. I always got the feeling that Lauda would have liked to have been a bit more like Hunt whilst Hunt would have liked to have been a bit more like Lauda. In truth, they complemented each other perfectly and now - sadly - they both belong to a bygone age.

Attachments

• hqdefault (1).jpg
    hqdefault (1).jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 56

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes, very true. I always got the feeling that Lauda would have liked to have been a bit more like Hunt whilst Hunt would have liked to have been a bit more like Lauda. In truth, they complemented each other perfectly and now - sadly - they both belong to a bygone age.

Yes. Hunt would have loved to have had the stability and homelife of Lauder.

And Lauder would have loved to have shagged all those lovely *birds.

*70s terminology. I can't remember now what it actually even means.

RIP

Lauda once said in interview:

There were many drivers I liked, a few I admired but only one I envied

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Watched 'Rush' again last night- great film in terms of the sporting story. I felt the (presumably fictionalised) stuff around their private lives did add to the film, but is massively cheesy / amateurish in places.

Made me think both Lauda, and Hunt, potentially warrant their own documentary movie along the lines of the Senna one...

dylan_bha

Sep 21, 2004
LA
My dad worked for Brabham and he said Niki's was the first seat he ever made. He also said that even though it was 18 months after his crash, the skin on his ear was still wet :eek:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Yes. Hunt would have loved to have had the stability and homelife of Lauder.

And Lauder would have loved to have shagged all those lovely *birds.

*70s terminology. I can't remember now what it actually even means.

I think Barry Sheene and James Hunt did a fair bit of work in this area back in the mid-1970's.

Our Baz had a fling with Jenny Hanley of Magpie fame from memory, lucky bugger.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here