Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Did Bruno retire because he knew Hughton would be sacked?

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Is there not the possibility that TB might have advised him that a change was coming and it would be unlikely that he would feature in the new man’s plans?

Why would Bruno be any less likely to feature in new guy's plans than Old's?

He had shown in our first season up that he had the quality but not the stamina for the PL at his age. However, he still played extremely well when he did feature this season and would easily have managed one more season as a bit player and dressing room leader. Even for a new manager with an eye on playing many more younger players someone like Bruno would be invaluable in the squad. Any manager who couldn't see the contribution he would make wouldn't have got an offer from TB.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Even for a new manager with an eye on playing many more younger players someone like Bruno would be invaluable in the squad. Any manager who couldn't see the contribution he would make wouldn't have got an offer from TB.

And it for this reason that I think that it’s actually more likely that Bruno would have stayed had he known Potter would be appointed than if he thought Chris was staying. Whether it’s likely that Tony would pay PL wages for such a role has to be doubtful though, as is the question about whether Potter would want to use a squad place for such a role. But I can see Bruno absolutely loving it to have played a role in helping young players make the step up.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No.

He knew his time was up.

I actually thought we were better with him in the team.

That said, age was catching up with him. He’ll probably get one more pay day somewhere and then want to go back to Catalonia. Like Calde, I’d have loved him to have been part of the coaching furniture here, but time moves on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bruno has already said he & his family love Brighton & will be staying. I could see Bruno in AITC as he already does so much for charity. He donates part of his wages to charity.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
And the moon landings were faked by JFK's killers in the FBI.
Think you've been watching too many conspiracy thrillers.

I have a cousin married to a man who works for NASA in Washington DC and he says he's not that sure it wasn't faked. He said it certainly is possible because the US government held a lot of power at the time and it wasn't till the Watergate events that the US government walls of secrecy we're torn down by the press. Why do you think the killer(s) of JFK have never really been proven beyond a reasonable doubt?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I would be shocked if TB was that unprofessional

I reckon TB had canvassed the dressing room as to what was going wrong through, either directly or indirectly with Hughton so maybe it was obvious at least of a change in management was coming to some of the players

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I reckon TB had canvassed the dressing room as to what was going wrong through, either directly or indirectly with Hughton so maybe it was obvious at least of a change in management was coming to some of the players

I’d say Ashworth rather than TB

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I’d say Ashworth rather than TB

Maybe in a years time, but I'd be surprised if 'the new guy' was getting players to be really honest with him... unless things really were that bad. At least they'd know Barber/Bloom

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I'd like to add my name to the chorus of opinion which thinks ....... "no Tony Bloom didn't tip off Bruno that he was going to sack Hughton. Bruno retired because he was nearly 39. This is 5 years after a typical premier league retirement"

Back to the drawing board with those theories OP

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
When the rumours about some players having a talk with Hughton about our playing style were in the public domain TB didn't need to canvas the players. It was around the time of those rumours that Bruno reappeared in the first team wasn't it? I'm not suggesting that Bruno was one of the players (although as club captain he could have been). All speculation on my part.

We were so much better with 38 year old Bruno back in the team.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I have a cousin married to a man who works for NASA in Washington DC and he says he's not that sure it wasn't faked. He said it certainly is possible because the US government held a lot of power at the time and it wasn't till the Watergate events that the US government walls of secrecy we're torn down by the press. Why do you think the killer(s) of JFK have never really been proven beyond a reasonable doubt?

Look at the number of people required to make a half-way convincing movie.
Then in the 40 years since it happened, not one of them has come clean and said it was faked? Nobody tempted by the vast sums of money that would be paid by the media to offer proof it was faked?
Whilst I have no doubt that NASA had the technology capable of faking it, I just think that it would be impossible to have kept that secret this long.

The problem with conspiracies is the number of people involved. As soon as the numbers start to go up the chances of one blabbing everything increases exponentially.

JFK on the other hand... one assassin, 2 to make sure he escapes, 3 people at a senior level in the know... 3/4 of them dead within 12 months. This I can see as a possible explanation.

Small numbers - easier to keep the secret.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Here in lies my cousin-in-law's possibility of fakiness. The rocket launch happened and all the scientists at Cape Kennedy (now back to Cape Canaveral because you are not allowed to change the name of a Cape) believed that they were seeing men on the moon. But if you had the astronauts "orbit" something in zero gravity just outside the atmosphere of the earth and have the astronauts land on this "fake moon" in the darkness there is a way to fake it with only a few knowing for sure. Satellites that were just starting to be launched could be sent up just enough to be in the Earth's orbit.

Maybe the Russians feel they can mess with the US elections because the US has been pulling fake notions on the USSR/Russians for a long time. Trump is just the egotistical arse they needed to get the Americans back.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Here in lies my cousin-in-law's possibility of fakiness. The rocket launch happened and all the scientists at Cape Kennedy (now back to Cape Canaveral because you are not allowed to change the name of a Cape) believed that they were seeing men on the moon. But if you had the astronauts "orbit" something in zero gravity just outside the atmosphere of the earth and have the astronauts land on this "fake moon" in the darkness there is a way to fake it with only a few knowing for sure. Satellites that were just starting to be launched could be sent up just enough to be in the Earth's orbit.

Wait. So we couldn’t send a spaceship to the moon, but we could send something massive enough for a spaceship to “orbit” into low earth orbit? Gotcha.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Wait. So we couldn’t send a spaceship to the moon, but we could send something massive enough for a spaceship to “orbit” into low earth orbit? Gotcha.

It would have been just larger than the area that the astronauts covered on the supposed lunar surface. The size of a large stage shot just outside of the Earth's atmosphere. Not nearly as big as the rocket they did launch.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

For you and your cousin, just in case you're running short:

https://www.bacofoil.co.uk/product/original-kitchen-foil/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here