Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter's players

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Alzate might get a decent run out in pre-season. I think Baluta will feature. White deseves a chance but we're chocker with CBs. And you'd have to think Molumby has a real chance. Wonder about the RB who was on loan in Italy too.

Total clean slate, very exciting.
Expect a reborn Propper.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Count Dan James out.

Brian Owen just tweeted that we are keen to bring him but James doesn't want to come

Think this is the problem with some younger players teams like Man United come in for you, you're sold the dream and you end up sitting on the bench. Money and dreams talk. Do think these youngsters need to think of the wider picture agents don't help.

Anyway we move on.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Also think we'll sign Grimes who was outstanding this season and is really starting to realise the potential he showed at such a young age. CM, CB, LB.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Schelotto is exciting going forward but he can't defend. I think his last game for us was at Anfield and he looked like a pub footballer. I know it was against Liverpool but he looked totally out of his depth

No not him, a youngster, Czech I think.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Think this is the problem with some younger players teams like Man United come in for you, you're sold the dream and you end up sitting on the bench. Money and dreams talk. Do think these youngsters need to think of the wider picture agents don't help.

Anyway we move on.

Easy for us to say though, as Albion fans. If you're a 21 year old and you was offered double the wages at a club like Man United it must be very hard to turn down.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Easy for us to say though, as Albion fans. If you're a 21 year old and you was offered double the wages at a club like Man United it must be very hard to turn down.

You're also going to be thinking, "Well if they want me which other massive clubs might?". No way is he joining us. Grimes, McBurnie, Rodan all possible. James, no way.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I think we need pace.

I hope we offload a few and improve the team rather than purchase squad players

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree about pace, but not just pace, also max fitness levels..... GP likes the press, need supreme fitness levels for it and then the pace to hit on break. If Andone can wind his neck in a tad, he’s going to have a big year imho

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
If he was brought in to work with what we have (which I don't think is true at all) then we will go down.

3 key signings in midfield, striker and RB/RWB.

Expect a substantial amount of money being spent there on players ready to go.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I agree about pace, but not just pace, also max fitness levels..... GP likes the press, need supreme fitness levels for it and then the pace to hit on break. If Andone can wind his neck in a tad, he’s going to have a big year imho

Andone had that in him at Depor, he has that nasty streak. I understand what you mean, he still needs to be disciplined in his approach, but he can't lose his edge. It would be a major waste if we can't get the best out of him this coming season.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
whats the news regarding our South African revelation, aka Percy?

If some commenters on Facebook are to be believed, he's the answer to all our prayers!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Thanks for the considered view above and interesting to hear more about Graham Potter's preferred style of play and players.

Looks like Many Ryan could be dipping out....... I also wonder if Shane Duffy's "bulldozer" style will be to his liking for a centre back? His short passing game has not been a strength and so I wonder if there might be changes afoot there? (By the way, I think that Shane Duffy has been great for us and his partnership with Lewis Dunk has been excellent)

I feared for Duffy as soon as I seen that part of Potter's motivational routines involved ''Contemporary Dance'' - Not one of Big Shane's strongest assets I wouldn't have thought but who knows. maybe there is a budding ''Billy Elliott'' in there just waiting to be released.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here