Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1421222324

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Rune View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Form what I’ve heard, he plays to the player’s strengths rather than imposing a system they’d struggle with (Hyypia style).

However, I’m confident he’ll have the players for whatever system he wants to play come the beginning of the season.
    The beginning of next season? Don't think so - whoever our manager is, players who are better than what we've got will cost, and can only be brought in gradually. If he's got the players he wants after three transfer windows he will be lucky.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Potter's players

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Rune View Post
      The podcast did not really focus on central defenders. I got the impression that the podcaster took it for granted that we were well stocked and that they壇 adapt to Potter痴 style. In essence, it seems the 3 centre backs are there to defend because all the other players are attack focused.

Some really interesting attacking ヨstersunds FK formations discussed where Potter targets the flanks and plays a 3-5-2 as follows:

覧覧覧覧-Keeper覧覧覧

覧覧覧CB覧CB覧CB覧覧-

Wingback-Winger-CM-Winger-Wingback

覧覧覧湧o.10覧覧覧覧
      覧覧覧覧湧o.9覧覧覧覧
      I think not discussing centre backs is a very large omission. In that formation particularly, your CBs are your only real defenders. We have Burn who is good but raw, Balogun in his 30s and dodgy in the air and then D&D. Remember Duffy in the back 3 against Chelsea in the first PL season? Absolute car crash. And I think the caster is right that Montoya is not a GP player so that formation there means we池e recalling Schelotto and playing him RWB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GT49er View Post
      The beginning of next season? Don't think so - whoever our manager is, players who are better than what we've got will cost, and can only be brought in gradually. If he's got the players he wants after three transfer windows he will be lucky.
      Reread my post.

I was saying that he値l have the players he needs to play the system of his choice (unlike Hyypia had). For example, if he wants to play with wing backs, we値l have a stock of players capable of this at his disposal come August.

He obviously won稚 have the best possible players he壇 like in each position which is what your alluding too (and I agree with your timescales).
      :guitar: