Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Ashworth?

Seagull122

Mar 16, 2019
Sorry if this fixtures, but I was just wondering what is the role he has as a technical director? I have also seen him receive a large amount of praise every time he is mentioned, how come he is so well respected in the community? I understand he has achieved ‘success’ at national level, but how is the success of a technical director measured?

Seagull122

Mar 16, 2019
West Brom fans seem to appreciate the work he did for them in bringing in new players. I'm not sure whether that is throught the academy ranks or pursuading the Baggies to buy
indeed. I have seen a lot of West Brom fans tweet about how lucky we are and how him leaving West Brom has led to their decline, I just don’t quite understand his role for us.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
When he joined us in February, he said his job was “to help the first team manager stay in a job as long as possible”. Given that Hughton lasted about 10 (12?) weeks after he joined, and given that Ashworth retains the approval of Tony today, can we conclude that the first team manager/coach bring changed fewer than five times a year constitutes success?

:whistle:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
He is director of everything football related, so oversees everything that happens in every age group from the coaches involved to the signing of players to such age groups. He will help set a club wide philosophy so the under 12's will look to develop a squad that plays the way we want them to in the 1st team and that will be replicated across every age group.

He won't be involved in staffing restructures or adaptations that can be made to save money. Nor will he be concerned with adaptations that can be made to the stadium to maximise spaces or revenue, those roles will be fulfilled by PB.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
When he joined us in February, he said his job was “to help the first team manager stay in a job as long as possible”. Given that Hughton lasted about 10 (12?) weeks after he joined, and given that Ashworth retains the approval of Tony today, can we conclude that the first team manager/coach bring changed fewer than five times a year constitutes success?

Perhaps Ashworth did help the first team manager stay in his job as long as possible. TB was thinking of sacking Hughton 4 weeks before the end of the season. Maybe our Dan persuaded Bloom to keep him till the end of the season?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Perhaps Ashworth did help the first team manager stay in his job as long as possible. TB was thinking of sacking Hughton 4 weeks before the end of the season. Maybe our Dan persuaded Bloom to keep him till the end of the season?

That’ll be it for sure. :smile:

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
He's a consultant. A professional waffler who can convince those all around him that he's an integral part of the club whilst having his bank account regularly topped up.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
He's a consultant. A professional waffler who can convince those all around him that he's an integral part of the club whilst having his bank account regularly topped up.

Because Tony is the sort of guy to throw away a few million on someone who is just bluffing?!
There is no way on this earth that TB would offer this senior a role to someone who wasn't going to contribute hugely to the long term plan.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009

Harsh - his reputation, England and West Brom success and the confidence our management team have in him suggests he will have a major part to play in our continuing rise as a club. Reckon him and GP will get on like a house on fire.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's comforting to know that we have a new scapegoat to blame for absolutely anything that has or will ever go wrong though.

For that, I'm thankful for his appointment,

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
When he joined us in February, he said his job was “to help the first team manager stay in a job as long as possible”. Given that Hughton lasted about 10 (12?) weeks after he joined
we can conclude that he failed at his job.
and given that Ashworth retains the approval of Tony today, can we conclude that the first team manager/coach bring changed fewer than five times a year constitutes success?
What?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

I liken those kind of statements to the type when a company gets bought and the acquiring company says something like 'We won't be changing too much, they're a great company so they'll run as they are' and within 6 months they've been integrated, sacked everyone and re-branded.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's comforting to know that we have a new scapegoat to blame for absolutely anything that has or will ever go wrong though.

Confess that I’m not yet feeling love for the guy....

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Well if it weren't for him Hughton would still be in a job and that's a FACT.

Sure it's not a true fact but it is, nevertheless, a FACT.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012

Should we sack him then given you think he's evidently been a failure ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here