Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fallout from Hughton sacking: notice we've suddenly become hated and ridiculed by neutrals

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
If it wasn't for your 20,000 posts I could almost believe you were Palace with your line about gaining 20k fans. Are you forgetting the previous 20 years of mismanagement, homelessness and decline where we lost 20k fans? Oh hang on that balances out in terms of decline and growth - what a surprise?

Exactly!

We often had 30,000 at the Goldstone in the Mullery years and after.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
We'll soon win them back when we're backheeling goals against City, Liverpool et al.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
A few weeks ago we were despised as ‘anti-football’, this week ridiculed for getting in the most exciting English managerial prospect around right now.

We have been called out for supposed poor treatment of CH, although we had a disastrous run of games that would have seen us relegated if the first half of the season hadn’t been far, far better.Accused of being entitled by some, although we didn’t sack our manager for being Prem runners up like City and Chelsea.

Care what other fans think? No chance.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
My reaction is 'So What'.

Those neutrals will always find something or someone to moan about.

My reaction is neutrals are entirely what is wrong with the Premier League as they just sit in their armchair, have zero knowledge of how any club works and just feed the top 6

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I think it's mean that Sky Sports gave Potter some 'Yoda Ears' myself... Disrespectful. ???

potteryoda.jpeg

Apart from that, the trolls commenting have probably only ever read news clippings and see 3 minutes of game highlights on MoTD before nodding off with a beer in their hand - so they're not really well placed to comment.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
The only thing that pisses me off is the comments claiming CH was only “sacked because he’s black”, and that BHAFC are therefore racist.

There was one on The Guardian yesterday, underneath the article about Potter’s announcement. I asked them to remove it, but they didn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The measured and thoughtful are much less likely to contribute discussion on an internet forum. Don't take BBC comments, NSC or certainly the Argus, as representative of fans views

These type of absurd threads are based upon perception of the views of a very small number of people who troll social media sites. There are much more important things in the world to worry about.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
This hated by neutrals, has been evident for sometime now and it was born from parking the bus and boring football that Hughton provided.
The good news now is uncle Tony spotted this and has put a fix in place called Potter, I expect to see a turnaround of respect for the brand of Brighton and Hove Albion over the next few years and a proud buzz around the city and beyond.

Up the Albion.:albion2::bhasign:
This hatred from the neutrals. Having seen a massive upswing in arrogance and f.ckwittery from a lot of our 'new' fans it is hardly surprising. In real terms it isn't that many but enough to influence what others think of us.

Factor in the dreadful football served up away from home I'm surprised that there wasn't a .Gov petition to have us kicked out of the PL.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The BBC football comments make me have serious doubts about humanity. Best avoided.
Don't go near The Argus then [emoji38]

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The only thing that pisses me off is the comments claiming CH was only “sacked because he’s black”, and that BHAFC are therefore racist.

There was one on The Guardian yesterday, underneath the article about Potter’s announcement. I asked them to remove it, but they didn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Think about that logically he was still black when TB hired him. Plenty of idiots in this world don’t waste your time on them.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I love a bit of social media, but I'm at a loss to why people feel the need to express their 'outrage' about the most mundane things (to them and in the grand scheme of things) in their life. Don't like the Game of Thrones episode? Diddums. Think a club is bad for sacking a manager and appointing a new one? Not exactly a new phenomenon, is it? A celebrity is Public Enemy #1 for expressing an opinion you don't agree with? Get over yourself!

As I wrote on another thread somewhere, part of the reaction to CH's sacking is purely because what has happened to him before. Most other managers in that situations wouldn't have had the reaction and outpouring of faux anger that he has attracted. It's purely because he was seen to be treated unfairly by Norwich and Newcastle and now 'it's happened again'.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
The same people calling us ‘anti-football’ after we played Spurs I imagine, slating us for how negative our tactics were. We do something to try to remedy that and now we’re ungrateful ???

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The time to worry is when other PL fans love us, because we turn up at their ground play pretty football and go home with a 5-2 defeat and sink to the bottom 3.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here