Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011
    Members
    born and bred in Eastbourne but now live in West Midlands

1 Not allowed!
    There won't be anywhere near 70 million made available for potter for next season. My guess would be 30 million maybe for 1 or 2 players and we'll see some of the so called flops being played and performing. Would not be surprised to having a fairly comfortable 12th/13th place finish

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Spicy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Exactly and couldn't the same words "brave", "a risk" and "going horribly wrong" have been applied if we had kept the faith with Chris? Don't get me wrong as I have ultimate respect for the man, but things needed to change.
      Yes they did.

Out went the Manager. Out has gone 4-4-1-1 (one would assume) and staying are the majority of the players.

But what if 4-4-1-1 was the preferred system and the under performing players were sold?

Here is an alternative reality........

TB: What went wrong Chris?

CH: The club want a 4-3-3 or a 3-4-3 and signed the players for it. I agreed to give it a try because I didnít want to rock the boat but Iíd really like to go back to my 4-4-1-1. Letís get the U23s playing that system too as I canít understand why they continue to play with 3 up front. Iím not going to pick the youngsters if theyíve not been indoctrinated with my style of football.

TB: What next then Chris?

CH: We need rid of these forward players who donít fit my 4-4-1-1. Bin off Ali J, Locadia and Andone. I donít really need Bissouma either because I canít trust him.

TB: O.K. But who do we get in?

CH: That Oli McBurnie is like a young Glenn Murray, Iíll have him please. As the Argie is stuck in Argie-land, Iíll take Powell as a back up to GroŖ in the 10 position. Give me a winger to replace Ali-J and the now perma-injured Izquierdo and weíll be cooking.

TB: Where will we finish?

CH: I guarantee no worse than 15th

TB: Done! Good luck me old boy! Just one more thing, Iím going to sign Shane Long.

CH: I resign.
      :guitar:
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post
      Any suggestions as to who would have been:-

Humble.
      Safe
      Plain sailing
      Plucky
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bluenitsuj View Post
      Who cares. Do people really take these comments seriously.
      The masses do I'm afraid. Every man and his dog at work will be using shit quotes like that the more they hear
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by maffew View Post
      The masses do I'm afraid. Every man and his dog at work will be using shit quotes like that the more they hear
      Yep, said it another thread.

We do have a lot of fans with rose tinted glasses.

When you donít live around Brighton or Sussex, people canít really work out why we have done what we have done.
      We're going up.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Rune View Post
      Yes they did.

Out went the Manager. Out has gone 4-4-1-1 (one would assume) and staying are the majority of the players.

But what if 4-4-1-1 was the preferred system and the under performing players were sold?

Here is an alternative reality........

TB: What went wrong Chris?

CH: The club want a 4-3-3 or a 3-4-3 and signed the players for it. I agreed to give it a try because I didn’t want to rock the boat but I’d really like to go back to my 4-4-1-1. Let’s get the U23s playing that system too as I can’t understand why they continue to play with 3 up front. I’m not going to pick the youngsters if they’ve not been indoctrinated with my style of football.

TB: What next then Chris?

CH: We need rid of these forward players who don’t fit my 4-4-1-1. Bin off Ali J, Locadia and Andone. I don’t really need Bissouma either because I can’t trust him.

TB: O.K. But who do we get in?

CH: That Oli McBurnie is like a young Glenn Murray, I’ll have him please. As the Argie is stuck in Argie-land, I’ll take Powell as a back up to GroŖ in the 10 position. Give me a winger to replace Ali-J and the now perma-injured Izquierdo and we’ll be cooking.

TB: Where will we finish?

CH: I guarantee no worse than 15th

TB: Done! Good luck me old boy! Just one more thing, I’m going to sign Shane Long.

CH: I resign.
      You could never be described as a man of few words.
      We're going up, we're going to win the Cup, for Sussex by the Sea.

0 Not allowed!
      Probably already posted on here but if not well worth a read. Written by one of our own in 2018.

Credit to Hotrod on twitter for reminding/reposting.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-europa-league