Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "Brave", "a risk" and "I can see it going horribly wrong"...

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Exactly and couldn't the same words "brave", "a risk" and "going horribly wrong" have been applied if we had kept the faith with Chris? Don't get me wrong as I have ultimate respect for the man, but things needed to change.

Yes they did.

Out went the Manager. Out has gone 4-4-1-1 (one would assume) and staying are the majority of the players.

But what if 4-4-1-1 was the preferred system and the under performing players were sold?

Here is an alternative reality........

TB: What went wrong Chris?

CH: The club want a 4-3-3 or a 3-4-3 and signed the players for it. I agreed to give it a try because I didn’t want to rock the boat but I’d really like to go back to my 4-4-1-1. Let’s get the U23s playing that system too as I can’t understand why they continue to play with 3 up front. I’m not going to pick the youngsters if they’ve not been indoctrinated with my style of football.

TB: What next then Chris?

CH: We need rid of these forward players who don’t fit my 4-4-1-1. Bin off Ali J, Locadia and Andone. I don’t really need Bissouma either because I can’t trust him.

TB: O.K. But who do we get in?

CH: That Oli McBurnie is like a young Glenn Murray, I’ll have him please. As the Argie is stuck in Argie-land, I’ll take Powell as a back up to Groß in the 10 position. Give me a winger to replace Ali-J and the now perma-injured Izquierdo and we’ll be cooking.

TB: Where will we finish?

CH: I guarantee no worse than 15th

TB: Done! Good luck me old boy! Just one more thing, I’m going to sign Shane Long.

CH: I resign.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
The masses do I'm afraid. Every man and his dog at work will be using shit quotes like that the more they hear

Yep, said it another thread.

We do have a lot of fans with rose tinted glasses.

When you don’t live around Brighton or Sussex, people can’t really work out why we have done what we have done.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Yes they did.

Out went the Manager. Out has gone 4-4-1-1 (one would assume) and staying are the majority of the players.

But what if 4-4-1-1 was the preferred system and the under performing players were sold?

Here is an alternative reality........

TB: What went wrong Chris?

CH: The club want a 4-3-3 or a 3-4-3 and signed the players for it. I agreed to give it a try because I didn’t want to rock the boat but I’d really like to go back to my 4-4-1-1. Let’s get the U23s playing that system too as I can’t understand why they continue to play with 3 up front. I’m not going to pick the youngsters if they’ve not been indoctrinated with my style of football.

TB: What next then Chris?

CH: We need rid of these forward players who don’t fit my 4-4-1-1. Bin off Ali J, Locadia and Andone. I don’t really need Bissouma either because I can’t trust him.

TB: O.K. But who do we get in?

CH: That Oli McBurnie is like a young Glenn Murray, I’ll have him please. As the Argie is stuck in Argie-land, I’ll take Powell as a back up to Groß in the 10 position. Give me a winger to replace Ali-J and the now perma-injured Izquierdo and we’ll be cooking.

TB: Where will we finish?

CH: I guarantee no worse than 15th

TB: Done! Good luck me old boy! Just one more thing, I’m going to sign Shane Long.

CH: I resign.

You could never be described as a man of few words.:wozza::lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here