Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Meanwhile Where Is Mr Hughton?

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Interesting. Would say West Brom are definitely the best suited for him. Only prem job potentially being available is Newcastle and can't see him going back there.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Come late October he may get his wish imo but not before. Ready made firefighter for a club in trouble. We could be fighting a relegation battle against a CH team come year’s end. I think we’ll be down there as this is a massive learning curve for GP, we aren’t likely to hit the ground running given the changes afoot.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Which club has a manager getting well old now, and not so far away he'd need to uproot? ???

Stumpy Tim

After 4 1/2 years I suspect he’ll want a rest. The past six months especially must have been massively stressful for him, so I hope he does have a break. Club legend, and hope he gets a dream job... maybe a role with his mate Big Mick with Ireland

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
If he's choosing to wait to take over a basketcase in the Premier League, I think he's mistaken. He would, in my opinion, be better served taking over at a Premier League-ready club like West Brom or Middlesbrough and getting them there. I don't think he's the type of character to keep a club up with a whole set of new players and a league table not in his favour. If he takes over at any club in the Premier League mid-season, I'd have a few quid on their relegation because I don't think he's the man for that job at this level. He's better getting a club promoted and then keep them there. Full stop, though - he's not got the vision or the capacity to achieve more than that.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
He should do what he does best. Take a Championship club and make them Premier League. That's a gift, a talent, and any Championship club with ambition should be knocking at his door - loudly. I also think, with respect to the man, that he shouldn't quite think of himself as a Pep Guardiola just yet...

I wish him well no matter what, though. What he's done for BHAFC will never be forgotten.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Come late October he may get his wish imo but not before. Ready made firefighter for a club in trouble. We could be fighting a relegation battle against a CH team come year’s end. I think we’ll be down there as this is a massive learning curve for GP, we aren’t likely to hit the ground running given the changes afoot.

You're not backtracking/hedging on our previous discussions are you? :)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
After 4 1/2 years I suspect he’ll want a rest. The past six months especially must have been massively stressful for him, so I hope he does have a break. Club legend, and hope he gets a dream job... maybe a role with his mate Big Mick with Ireland

No chance. McCarthy is just keeping the seat warm for Stephen Kenny, who takes over the job next year.

Were that not the case, I think Chris would relish a pop at the R of I job. Wouldn't be surprised to see it happen at some point in the future.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He should do what he does best. Take a Championship club and make them Premier League. That's a gift, a talent, and any Championship club with ambition should be knocking at his door - loudly. I also think, with respect to the man, that he shouldn't quite think of himself as a Pep Guardiola just yet...

I wish him well no matter what, though. What he's done for BHAFC will never be forgotten.

The acceptable face of Colin-ism? ???

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
In Nice. With his Potters up. :moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here