Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Meanwhile Where Is Mr Hughton?

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
A team that needs to stay in the Division and doesn’t have any cash to splash.

Well possibly, but even then, he would be taken on as a desperate last ditch effort to stay afloat after said club have goonered their previous manager.
I reckon he's better off going for a Championship club, myself.
Anyway, good luck to him in whatever he does.
Me? I'd probably take time out, count my dosh and do a bit of TV punditry for some beer money!:lolol::thumbsup:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Holiday, family, punditry is semi retirement and why not. I think I'd be tempted with financial security assured.

Just wondered whether he could do a job for the Republic of Ireland. . . .they're kind of championship at International level.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
... because he spent nothing at both Norwich and then Brighton? Nonsense. He had plenty of money spent on the squad, but rejected most of the players who came in who were better than his Championship players, but less trusted. He's a negative manager and that only becomes worse when the team is struggling. He's a very good Championship manager but a bottom end Premier League manager. He isn't a short term fix unless you've given up, and want to have a good go at the Championship the following season.

Strange, could have sworn Hughton was in charge over the last two seasons when he was managing a Premier League side?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I honestly think he will not be appointed to a Premier League management position.

He could however take on a Championship club seeking promotion but I'm not convinced, as with us, whether or not other clubs would be convinced given his form.

I am sure he is not dependent upon future employment so, to keep himself active and motivated, he could even take on a League One club given that he could relax and enjoy without any pressure !

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
Yes but Poyet acted like a twa*t at the end so he’s fair game.
Some of the crap on here spouted about CH makes me sick.

I remember getting some real psychotic rants when I asked whether Poyet should be aked to clear his desk after he insisted on talking to READING (ffs), when his team should have had their minds on the play-offs.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Just wondered whether he could do a job for the Republic of Ireland. . . .they're kind of championship at International level.

Not a bad shout. Ireland are the sort of team that need to play that type of football because of a lack of international class strikers - solid defence and nick a goal here and there.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I remember getting some real psychotic rants when I asked whether Poyet should be aked to clear his desk after he insisted on talking to READING (ffs), when his team should have had their minds on the play-offs.

CH is a gentleman. He never gave us concern about his loyalty to the club and has kept his silence since being sacked. Poyet was touting around for another club a year or so after taking us up to the Championship.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I would be astonished if another Premier League team gave Hughton a job. I guess he could perhaps be a ship steadier when things have gone wrong somewhere, but you hire them in February, you don’t plan to sign up for Hughtonball in the Summer, surely?

If he’s hanging on for a Premier League job then I think he’ll be waiting a long time. The WBA job is perfect for him. Although he probably wants some time out first, if he has any sense.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
CH is a gentleman. He never gave us concern about his loyalty to the club and has kept his silence since being sacked. Poyet was touting around for another club a year or so after taking us up to the Championship.

Of course he’s kept his silence, he’d be kissing goodbye to a couple of million quid if he didn’t!

CH is a gentleman, probably one of the most dignified men in the game. Personally, I don’t care if we have a gentlemen at the helm, we’re not here to make friends. I want a winner.

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019

I just said that.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I agree very unfair how he has been treated. At a minimum he should have been given the start of the season with HIS signings not TB and Winstanley although they would obviously have a say. I look forward to seeing a statement from CH I am sure it will come soon... Maybe we will discover some truths which we are not aware of.

Funny because in this article Chris seemed quite happy with his squad at Xmas. It has also been documented he had a say in all signings so not sure why you are painting a picture of someone who had no say in transfers?

https://www.clubcall.com/news/2019/01/31/hughton-not-worried-by-lack-of-transfers/

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Come on, let’s show some respect. I’d hate for Hughton to be referred to like this on NSC - it’s like Norwich all over again and we’re better than that! The way Poyet is negatively referred to constantly is bad enough after all he did here - let’s not go one worse and do the same with the legend that is Chris Hughton. Please no.

100% this.
I can understand fans wanting him to be sacked (but hugely disagree) but the constant snide comments about Hughton are making me feel really ashamed to be a Brighton fan at the moment. Some of our "fans" need to learn what respect is.
Already a lot of people re-writing history (for example seen comments about his football being boring for 3 years). He's left, I can accept that - can't accept the way some people are talking about someone who achieved more at the club than possibly any other manager in our history

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
100% this.
I can understand fans wanting him to be sacked (but hugely disagree) but the constant snide comments about Hughton are making me feel really ashamed to be a Brighton fan at the moment. Some of our "fans" need to learn what respect is.
Already a lot of people re-writing history (for example seen comments about his football being boring for 3 years). He's left, I can accept that - can't accept the way some people are talking about someone who achieved more at the club than possibly any other manager in our history

Yep. Think it was time for him to move on, but that shouldn’t tarnish what he did, and what a true gent he is.

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
100% this.

Couldn't agree more.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
100% this.

Ashamed to be a brighton fan? Come on, 99.9% of Albion fans have nothing but genuine warmth for CH and always will. No question. Social media and fan forums always skew the true feeling of the vast majority of fans.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I agree very unfair how he has been treated. At a minimum he should have been given the start of the season with HIS signings not TB and Winstanley although they would obviously have a say. I look forward to seeing a statement from CH I am sure it will come soon... Maybe we will discover some truths which we are not aware of.

But Persian Ali was his signing, C H said that he wanted him 3 years ago.

Come on, let’s show some respect. I’d hate for Hughton to be referred to like this on NSC - it’s like Norwich all over again and we’re better than that! The way Poyet is negatively referred to constantly is bad enough after all he did here - let’s not go one worse and do the same with the legend that is Chris Hughton. Please no.

Hear hear well said. Post of the month

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here