Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Meanwhile Where Is Mr Hughton?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Come on, let’s show some respect. I’d hate for Hughton to be referred to like this on NSC - it’s like Norwich all over again and we’re better than that! The way Poyet is negatively referred to constantly is bad enough after all he did here - let’s not go one worse and do the same with the legend that is Chris Hughton. Please no.

Totally agree

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
A work colleague text me today to say he'd seen him sauntering along Vigo Street up in the West End sporting a smile and a rather nice cardigan. Reckon he was indulging in a spot of retail therapy to help get over his sacking.

Think they want the Lincoln manager
Which one? Although Danny Cowley is officially the manager, the brothers make decisions jointly and receive the same salary.
Nicky-Danny-Cowley-595629.jpg

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
... because he spent nothing at both Norwich and then Brighton? Nonsense. He had plenty of money spent on the squad, but rejected most of the players who came in who were better than his Championship players, but less trusted. He's a negative manager and that only becomes worse when the team is struggling. He's a very good Championship manager but a bottom end Premier League manager. He isn't a short term fix unless you've given up, and want to have a good go at the Championship the following season.
With comments like this it is worth pointing out again what Chris Hughton can do with a decent squad of players -

Chris Hughton was magnificent for our club and we should be eternally grateful. I felt his sacking was justified not so much on the defensive style but overall performances and not motivating the team enough and even coaching the players better. Moving forward was right and I will always remember that Chris took us to the promised land

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
What was he going to say? I've been utterly stiffed here lads but don't worry we'll squeak over the line by 2

Well instead of saying this

‘And I can tell you now, if I felt that we needed to do something, I would have been pushing’

He would say what many other managers do after a disappointing window (difficult market, we wanted to do something but the right opportunity did not come up etc)

The suggestion being made from many quarters that hughton was simply a victim of recruitment and had players forced on him he did not want. Well if this was the case I would have expected a few more subtle comments about recruitment rather than the I have the final say and I am happy with my squad stance he took.

Well instead of saying this

‘And I can tell you now, if I felt that we needed to do something, I would have been pushing’

He would say what many other managers do after a disappointing window (difficult market, we wanted to do something but the right opportunity did not come up etc)

The suggestion being made from many quarters that hughton was simply a victim of recruitment and had players forced on him he did not want. Well if this was the case I would have expected a few more subtle comments about recruitment rather than the I have the final say and I am happy with my squad stance he took.

It's just not his style though, is it. He is ultra careful about stuff like that, probably unlike most managers, as befitting his entire manner of decorum.

I imagine for this reason we know very little of what would have went on behind the scenes.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here