Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Graham Potter - Coaches Voice Article (written by himself)

Iovan The Sweeper

May 16, 2016
Very interesting articles. You get a real sense of him as a leader with a high level of emotional intelligence, who isn't afraid to try something different.

The impact on the players sounds hugely impressive:

“Daniel James had been loaned out to Shrewsbury but couldn’t get a game and came back after three weeks. Matt Grimes was on loan to Northampton, Oli McBurnie had had a spell on loan at Barnsley but got relegated there, Connor Roberts went to Middlesbrough but was called back early after four games.

“These were young players who had had really tough experiences but he trusted them and made them better. Now Roberts is first-choice right back for Wales, McBurnie scored 22 goals in the league last season, and Grimes was voted player of the season against tough competition. James is going this summer for big money – it’s just a question of where.”

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
What is going to be very interesting is whether he can bring Groos back plus get Ali and Locadia up to PL speed

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Very interesting articles. You get a real sense of him as a leader with a high level of emotional intelligence, who isn't afraid to try something different.

The impact on the players sounds hugely impressive:

“Daniel James had been loaned out to Shrewsbury but couldn’t get a game and came back after three weeks. Matt Grimes was on loan to Northampton, Oli McBurnie had had a spell on loan at Barnsley but got relegated there, Connor Roberts went to Middlesbrough but was called back early after four games.

“These were young players who had had really tough experiences but he trusted them and made them better. Now Roberts is first-choice right back for Wales, McBurnie scored 22 goals in the league last season, and Grimes was voted player of the season against tough competition. James is going this summer for big money – it’s just a question of where.”

I agree. One of the hardest parts of Hughton's sacking for me wasl losing his integrity and man management skills. It seems TB has gone for a manager with both those skills but who is also very forward thinking with his ideas and philosophy

Iovan The Sweeper

May 16, 2016
I agree. One of the hardest parts of Hughton's sacking for me wasl losing his integrity and man management skills. It seems TB has gone for a manager with both those skills but who is also very forward thinking with his ideas and philosophy

Indeed. This quote from McBurnie could easily have come from one of our squad about Hughton:

“For me personally he has had a massive impact, on the field and off the field.

“And the one thing that really sticks out with me about this manager compared to other managers I’ve had is how much he cares about you as a person. So for me and for a lot of the younger boys he has been incredible. I can’t thank him enough.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Some facetious posts on here comparing his looks to an only fool and horse (whatever that is - I don't watch working class television) but to me he has a a passing resemblance to this football lion:

Bonzo.jpg

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
A Masters Degree in leadership and emotional intelligence, is a massive leap forward from “we need to reach them levels in those areas, these are a good team...”

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
A Masters Degree in leadership and emotional intelligence, is a massive leap forward from “we need to reach them levels in those areas, these are a good team...”

Too soon for that.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
What is going to be very interesting is whether he can bring Groos back plus get Ali and Locadia up to PL speed

Reckon he will give Locadia's rock career a boost, with a bit more band practice......maybe a lot of band practice?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

“During the time I’ve watched the team and then travelled with them, you never know which team he will put out, which players. As a journalist, I was really confused about why he had benched certain players who had been good in the previous match and I couldn’t understand it."

Can you imagine what it's going to be like on here: "He was brilliant last week, and he's repaid by being dropped. There must have been a falling out." etc etc

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
https://www.coachesvoice.com/outliers/

This is a long but brilliant article written during Potter's time at Ostersunds, and a great insight into his thinking and philosophy. Well worth a read, especially interesting are his comments on the 'culture academy' developed by himself and his chairman.

I remember one player who was quite negative. He’d sit in the back of singing rehearsals and didn’t want to take part in anything. Come show day, he was a different man, strutting up and down the stage like Mick Jagger. It’s amazing how people transform.

This is going to be Glenn Murray, isn't it?

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
God, the amount of research i've done on this bloke since i found out we were interested. It's got to the point where i feel i know him better than i do my own wife.

It could of course all go tits up, but it's hard not to get just a wee bit excited after everything i've read about him. Thoroughly looking forward to next season.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Some facetious posts on here comparing his looks to an only fool and horse (whatever that is - I don't watch working class television) but to me he has a a passing resemblance to this football lion:

View attachment 109947

Maybe it's just me, but I can't help thinking he looks a bit like Glenn Murray's older brother. Also confusing has been references to 'GP' and me thinking posters were on about Poyet :lol:

God, the amount of research i've done on this bloke since i found out we were interested. It's got to the point where i feel i know him better than i do my own wife.

It could of course all go tits up, but it's hard not to get just a wee bit excited after everything i've read about him. Thoroughly looking forward to next season.

I tend to agree. I haven't read much, but the CV piece was certainly very interesting and encouraging for the upcoming season(s). Potter has all the makings of a great Albion manager and who knows what he can achieve with the squad (plus a few additions, hopefully)?

Cheers for posting, OP :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here