Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Happier?

How are you feeling after the sacking of Chris Hughton and appointment of Graham Potter?

• Much happier

Votes: 155 42.3%
  • A bit happier

Votes: 118 32.2%
  • Pretty much the same

Votes: 68 18.6%
  • A bit unhappier

Votes: 20 5.5%
  • Much unhappier

Votes: 5 1.4%

• Total voters

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Happier. I think we'll start bringing through the young players now, which is how we'll be able to compete (eventually).

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Still a bit sad at what happened to Chris, but also looking forward to a more interesting future.

Whether that future is better or worse I've no idea.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Apprehensive. As a Hughton remainer, glad now there is a change. It cant be too much worse than most of the latter of this season At least it will be something new, and really hoping Potter gets something more out of certain players who didn't seem near their potential with hughton's style.
No idea on Potter, time will tell!!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Chris Hughton took us as far as he could, it may have been different for him, if we'd finished this season without sh!tting our pants on the relegation line, he may have stayed?
Graham Potter has come in with new views and new ideas, if it works and we play more attractive footy, then I'll be more than happy.
BHAFC is a business, always subject to change :thumbsup:

its an interesting point. TB has clearly had Potter on his radar for some time. Now was a perfect time to make a move in TBs eyes I imagine, while he's still under the radar. Another season with Swansea and who knows, he may have got them promoted.
With that in mind I wonder what Bloom would've done had we finished more comfortably this season but playing the same style of negative football? (Without sh*tting ourselves at the end of the season)

el punal

Top work. I'm glad you pulled him up for that.

That said, you could argue that the fear of a possible duff appointment was there even before CH was sacked. I confess I have thought about it.

It could also be argued that it doesn't really matter how we feel about this. Personally, I feel that I know nothing about what will happen.

The close season is so confusing.

Still, I voted for the best possible feeling. Partly because Potter seems like a great fit, and parly because I have just eaten a Barnsley chop and had a smashing glass of wine. :lolol::thumbsup:

Barnsley chop? Now THAT is old school! :thumbsup:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Top work. I'm glad you pulled him up for that.
Don't mention it.

That said, you could argue that the fear of a possible duff appointment was there even before CH was sacked.
One could argue that, but I don't think anyone will.

Still, I voted for the best possible feeling. Partly because Potter seems like a great fit, and parly because I have just eaten a Barnsley chop and had a smashing glass of wine. :lolol::thumbsup:
Note to self - check time before creating a poll

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
its an interesting point. TB has clearly had Potter on his radar for some time. Now was a perfect time to make a move in TBs eyes I imagine, while he's still under the radar. Another season with Swansea and who knows, he may have got them promoted.
With that in mind I wonder what Bloom would've done had we finished more comfortably this season but playing the same style of negative football? (Without sh*tting ourselves at the end of the season)

As least we haven't changed our managers as much as Watford have, my Watford neighbour was getting quite fraught a few years back :lolol:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Apprehensive. As a Hughton remainer, glad now there is a change. It cant be too much worse than most of the latter of this season At least it will be something new, and really hoping Potter gets something more out of certain players who didn't seem near their potential with hughton's style.
No idea on Potter, time will tell!!

This is absolutely spot on for me!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Still the same, waiting to see the ins and outs over the summer and then how we perform at the start of the season.

Jaxie

Dec 2, 2018
Far East (Sussex)
A bit happier now than yesterday even. I had been pretty disappointed with the club for sacking Hughton, i thought he deserved better than that. Having just read the Guardians piece on it not being a gamble by Bloom, I am happy to have potter. Think he'll be a good fit. Also im delighted we havent become a club that appoints one of the "Usual suspects" !

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What is a Barnsley Chop?

Is it some kind of Whippet cut?

A THICK lamb chop. Extra delicious.

barnsley.jpg

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I am happier than I was before because I had reckoned that CH had run his race,

Now looking forward to a new era with GP and to ( perhaps expectantly ) seeing some fire from one or two, or a few, who were utilised in weird positions and some, who were for us major signings, who didn't even get a sniff, and who probably have been scratching their heads as to why they signed in the first place.

It is the start of a new chapter and I am looking forward to not necessarily expansive football, but football focusing on a variety of strategies other than backs to the wall which some of us at least had become resigned to !

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Much happier - not just because he’s highly regarded as a good up and coming young manager but also because we didn’t end up with the likes of Mark Hughes, Sam Allardyce, Tony Pulis etc !

We were never going to end up with any off the failed deadbeat merry go round.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm happy that we've got this sorted swiftly, indeed the process of selling the club's vision to Potter will have clarified within the management of what we are trying to achieve in this 3rd season in the Prem.

We will be competing with the three that come up so must do better business than them in the transfer market. This is the time to be bold but we must bring in the right sort of players. Locadia and Ali J were not Hughton players, we cannot make the same mistake again.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here