View Poll Results: How are you feeling after the sacking of Chris Hughton and appointment of Graham Potter?

Voters
368. You may not vote on this poll
  • Much happier

156 42.39%
  • A bit happier

118 32.07%
  • Pretty much the same

69 18.75%
  • A bit unhappier

20 5.43%
  • Much unhappier

5 1.36%
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Happier?

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Christ, all the grief I got about starting a Hughton out thread a few weeks ago and now everyone is magically happy now he’s gone and we have someone else in. Classic NSC
    I can assure you that not everyone is.
    The voice of hindsight.
    Bring back Chris Hughton.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Seasider78 View Post
      Happier especially as the new man has already quoted 3 things that were wrong and needed fixing

‘Players enjoying their football’

‘Play football in a positive way’

‘It’s my job to get the players to believe that they can go in to every match and win’

If he can deliver that will be even happier
      None of those three things were evident during last season. Muted goal celebrations from some told a hidden story.

Happy even if it all goes tits up.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
      Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

51,700 v Burnley last game in 1978/79. 4,005 v Wimbledon in 1984. Same division. I think this shows the real plastics.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      Top work. I'm glad you pulled him up for that.

That said, you could argue that the fear of a possible duff appointment was there even before CH was sacked. I confess I have thought about it.

It could also be argued that it doesn't really matter how we feel about this. Personally, I feel that I know nothing about what will happen.

The close season is so confusing.

Still, I voted for the best possible feeling. Partly because Potter seems like a great fit, and parly because I have just eaten a Barnsley chop and had a smashing VAT of wine. ol:
      Edited for you Doc.

51,700 v Burnley last game in 1978/79. 4,005 v Wimbledon in 1984. Same division. I think this shows the real plastics.
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by LowKarate View Post
      You need to be a surgeon to get the best from that.
      No. just a good cook. Which I am
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA
      It's only them that aren't their targets that love the violent and the madmen
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MLijS6Cstk

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Conkers View Post
      Christ, all the grief I got about starting a Hughton out thread a few weeks ago and now everyone is magically happy now he’s gone and we have someone else in. Classic NSC
      Yes, I see what you are saying. I watched with interest all the polls as the season unfolded. First of all, the vast majority was aghast at the thought of sacking CH, but then how it changed with every one of those disastrous home defeats, as most fans became increasingly cheesed off with the defensive tactics employed against teams lower in the league than ourselves.

0 Not allowed!
      Bottom line is I trust Bloom. I've said a lot over on another thread and article but one thing to add is I know that I'd have been cheesed off just watching us barely survive on pragmatic rearguard actions. Bloom is a fan and must have been through those emotions too, but he gets to vote with his wallet, and has done in emphatic fashion.
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      A bit happier but with trepidation, mostly fearing an I-told-you-so brigade if it doesn’t work.

If people are still going on about Ashley Barnes can you imagine what they’ll do with this?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by ferring seagull View Post
      I am happier than I was before because I had reckoned that CH had run his race,

Now looking forward to a new era with GP and to ( perhaps expectantly ) seeing some fire from one or two, or a few, who were utilised in weird positions and some, who were for us major signings, who didn't even get a sniff, and who probably have been scratching their heads as to why they signed in the first place.

It is the start of a new chapter and I am looking forward to not necessarily expansive football, but football focusing on a variety of strategies other than backs to the wall which some of us at least had become resigned to !
      Re: 'some utilised in weird positions', be prepared for some of that with Potter if that lengthy article on another thread is anything to go by. Only an odd game here and there and always for a purpose. Should be fun.

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GT49er View Post
      Less happy. I didn't like (still don't) the sacking of Hughton. last summer we bulked up the squad (without improving the team) - I was expecting/hoping for two or three class signings that would go straight into the first team and improve it, and we would kick on with Chris; however, it was not to be. At least we've got our new man in pretty sharpish, which is good - and I will support him, the team and the club - but I'm still waiting until I see actual evidence that TB hasn't made a gigantic mistake before I get excited.
      I'm hoping to get won over in the next few months. Right now though I'm more doubtful than elated.
      This, however welcome Graham Potter and good luck, UTA

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
      If the question was how do you feel compared to Tuesday morning, then happier is a given, because Potter is a more interesting signing than the ones you mention. But it's how you feel compared to before Hughton was sacked, so those other managers don't come into it.
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      Top work. I'm glad you pulled him up for that.
      Trig - if you read the poll question more carefully it says “How do you feel AFTER the sacking of Chris Hughton and the appointment of Graham Potter” - so having answered this specific question I think my response is justified (and it is you who has mis-read the question) so those other managers I mentioned do come into it.

And of course how could I have missed Pardew off the list - the biggest bullet dodge of them all !
      "It's better to be a 'has been' than a never will be !"