Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Happier?

How are you feeling after the sacking of Chris Hughton and appointment of Graham Potter?

• Much happier

Votes: 155 42.3%
  • A bit happier

Votes: 118 32.2%
  • Pretty much the same

Votes: 68 18.6%
  • A bit unhappier

Votes: 20 5.5%
  • Much unhappier

Votes: 5 1.4%

• Total voters

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Sorry to see Hughton go. I think our chances next year would still have been good. Potter lacks top flight experience, but seems a good man. The on line videos were impressive. Seems a good man-manager with interesting ideas.

Whatever happens .... up the Albion...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
As one who did not want to see CH go at this time but now we have got the man TB wanted I am now going to look forward to a new and exciting season Graham Potters Blue and White Army time to now get behind the manager opps Head Coach and the team how long until the first preseason I am excited already

This (saved typing)

Alan R

Apr 24, 2019
Looking forward to next season. Let's hope it's with attacking football and not just staying up. Gareth Bale on loan? ;)

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why should we expect anything radically different unless there is a massive splurge in expensive SINGINGS?

Figures crossed the difference will be a massive splurge from the last lot of expensive singings.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Indifferent at the moment, waiting to see how the recruitment goes, as Potter hasn't managed at this level before best to reserve judgement on him until the season is well underway. :shrug:

giphy.gif

Last edited:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Right now, much happier. The more I read about GP, the more impressed I am. I'm really pleased we've taken the gamble with a young, very forward thinking English manager rather than go down the manager merry-go-round route, which I was 99% confident TB wouldn't do anyway.

It's a risk. But remember when Southgate was appointed England manager?

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Evidently been on radar for 4 years, so pretty much since Chris started. TB must have watched his progression thinking he's my man but Chris was doing such a good job he had to wait. I am hugely sorry to see Chris go but I trust Tony.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Will be much happier if we sign a striker, a full back and a couple of midfielders .

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I was worried after Cardiff defeat but we made it. I am also fairly confident we have a squad who can compete with most and avoid relegation, I thought we would do that with CH. the sacking was a disappointment as I knew he would deliver results over the season but ultimately a relegation fight year on year.

Bloom cleary had a plan and has got his man which I imagine is to develop the youth and see some players transitioning into the 1st team. We don't need a massive change of personel but a change of approach could do us wonders

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'm excited more than happy I think. I'm very pleased he has got almost the maximum possible time available before the new season. Let's hope the players use their time off to keep 100% fit and recharge their batteries ready for when they return to start the hard work

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Delighted. Young up and coming manager who plays a good style of football.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
When you woke up a week ago Albion's 2018-19 season had concluded and Chris Hughton was our manager.

I don't think anyone was predicting that come 9:30am that was all going to change, and the Albion would be looking for a new man to lead the club into its third consecutive Premier League campaign.

Or maybe they weren't looking, as it seems they'd already looked and Graham Potter was very much at the top of Tony's Bloom wish list.

Today, Bloom got his man.

How's your Albion mood compared to a week or so ago? Happier? Less happy? Pretty much the same?

Over the ****ing moon

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Much happier - not just because he’s highly regarded as a good up and coming young manager but also because we didn’t end up with the likes of Mark Hughes, Sam Allardyce, Tony Pulis etc !

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
As one who did not want to see CH go at this time but now we have got the man TB wanted I am now going to look forward to a new and exciting season Graham Potters Blue and White Army time to now get behind the manager opps Head Coach and the team how long until the first preseason I am excited already

That was about my sentiments.
I'm impressed we have managed to sort it so quickly, and by doing things right.
And I've gone from being a bit "meh" about GP to allowing myself to get a bit excited...…. not too excited, mind.
But his qualifications seem to indicate he should be quite good at firing people up, which his track record seems to indicate as well.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here