Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Article - Football Changed and Chris Hughton Didn’t Keep Up

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Duffy brings an excellent element of determination and will to win which a good many others of our squad would do well to copy.

Good dominant ball playing centre halves in the Premier League would cost far more than we choose to pay. He was our player of the year so I suggest that we as supporters support him and what he brings to the team rather than nit pick. I also understand that he is a current full international. .

You understand? Everyone knows he's an Irish international and his style suits Eire very well. If he was England qualified he wouldn't even be in the top ten for a starting place.

Nevertheless, no one is saying our most committed player and player of the season is suddenly rubbish. There's just a theory that of all our "good" players he suits Potter's style the least. No one can give him an injection of pace or the vision to set a 30 yard ball off and that's never been his job. If Potter wants a good old fashioned stopper I don't think there's anyone better at that in the PL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here