Page 84 of 150 FirstFirst ... 34748182838485868794134 ... LastLast

1 Not allowed!
    If he wants to leave I wouldn’t begrudge him going, he would fit in well with Rogers game style and Leicester are team who I can see going far in future seasons with the young talent they have, would be very sad to see him leave but he’s given us a lot over the years, if he truly wanted to leave I don’t think Bloom would stand in his way, providing the fee suffices.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself"

Leo Tolstoy
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by spence View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Great insight.... ‘we don’t comment on speculation’
      900k people in Bromley & Croydon, almost double pop of Manchester. Bigger than Norwich & Ipswich. Fickle fans in terms of attendance, cup games increased attendance do not help.
      Steve Parish - CPFC2010

0 Not allowed!
      The Argus know little more than the sun, though they do appear to have guessed right this time.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard View Post
      If he wants to leave I wouldn’t begrudge him going, he would fit in well with Rogers game style and Leicester are team who I can see going far in future seasons with the young talent they have, would be very sad to see him leave but he’s given us a lot over the years, if he truly wanted to leave I don’t think Bloom would stand in his way, providing the fee suffices.
      Aren't Potter, Bloom, Ashworth and co. trying to move towards Rodger's style of play at The Albion? That should mean Dunk fitting in quite well here. However, if clubs like Leicester offer us and Dunk silly money for him to move it wil be difficult to hold on to him-unless the club start upping the wage cap.

Ultimately no player is irreplaceable-not even Dunk. He'll be difficult to replace immediately but not irreplaceable. Leicester, if they get big money for Maguire will have to spend most of it for a decent replacement, as will The Albion if they get loads for Dunk-unless they feel we already have a replacement in Clarke. I hate football sometimes...
      Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

51,700 v Burnley last game in 1978/79. 4,005 v Wimbledon in 1984. Same division. I think this shows the real plastics.

0 Not allowed!
      Something gets printed in a Murdoch rag and everyone's taking about it. Let's wait and see, £45m sounds about right, but would Dunky really want to go with us still in the PL?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by nicko31 View Post
      Something gets printed in a Murdoch rag and everyone's taking about it. Let's wait and see, £45m sounds about right, but would Dunky really want to go with us still in the PL?
      He'd be swapping a relegation battle with us, for a club that will likely be on the fringes of the top 7 pushing for Europe. And he'll get a maHOOsive payrise to boot.

I hope it doesn't happen, but I certainly couldn't blame the fella if he fancied it.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by darkwolf666 View Post
      I don’t for one minute imagine that Chris Hughton didn’t think, in time, we could move up a level. He was just realistic about where we are at this actual moment in time, and was constantly ridiculed for it on here.
      I believe under Chris Hughton we could have moved on, as per pre Christmas last year, however we will never know.
      Errr, no, Chris constantly referred to every PL team we played, even Hudds, as "These are a good team"... so, he constantly undervalued his own club...

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bwian View Post
      Aren't Potter, Bloom, Ashworth and co. trying to move towards Rodger's style of play at The Albion? That should mean Dunk fitting in quite well here. However, if clubs like Leicester offer us and Dunk silly money for him to move it wil be difficult to hold on to him-unless the club start upping the wage cap.

Ultimately no player is irreplaceable-not even Dunk. He'll be difficult to replace immediately but not irreplaceable. Leicester, if they get big money for Maguire will have to spend most of it for a decent replacement, as will The Albion if they get loads for Dunk-unless they feel we already have a replacement in Clarke. I hate football sometimes...
      Very true, but Leicester are probably 5 years or so ahead of us in progress, perhaps more... for Dunk at the prime time of his career perhaps he wants a change and more immediate prospects? Don’t know anything for certain obviously as the details on everything appear very vague at this point.

I had envisaged were we to ever lose Dunk that it would be to a Tottenham or Everton type team maybe even top 4, I think he deserves a move to a top top club but if he isn’t going to get that, Leicester would be a good fit for him. A bigger problem to me is should we sell Dunk we are going to be ripped off by other clubs who know we have a war chest to replace him.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Springal View Post
      Great insight.... ‘we don’t comment on speculation’
      It is, because it says it is just bolleaux (again)...