Page 80 of 150 FirstFirst ... 30707778798081828390130 ... LastLast
    Members

3 Not allowed!
    Strange isn’t it, Chris Hughton had the piss ripped out of him for talking about clubs at “our level”, yet here everyone is talking about Leicester being a step up and in the next group up from us - maybe he wasn’t so mad, after all...

• North Stand Chat

advertising

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Is it a step up? We look to get something out of Leicester at home and possibly away in our two years in the PL.
      We’ve played them 4 times in the PL and managed to get one point, which was achieved when they went down to 10 men after 30 mins. The only similarly I can see is in the size of stadium/fan base. We’re not far behind in that category. But on the pitch, and having seen 3 of those 4 games, I feel they are most definitely a step above us. They are not a team expecting to be battling at the bottom of the table.

But, I am optimistic that our Potter-ball style will see us close the gap this season.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by darkwolf666 View Post
      Strange isn’t it, Chris Hughton had the piss ripped out of him for talking about clubs at “our level”, yet here everyone is talking about Leicester being a step up and in the next group up from us - maybe he wasn’t so mad, after all...
      Correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!
      I think few people thought him mad but understood him to be a realist. The problem was getting to that next level under his guidance. Like many others, I think he found his level to be good in the Championship but lower echelons of the Premier league. Sad, because he came across as a great guy, but TB has high expectations of us progressing through more and more levels over time to become an established top side.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
      Are the Argus changing tack about his chances of leaving?

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/spo...k-39-s-future/
      That piece has no new reporting.

Dunk to Leicester City?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by redoubtable seagull View Post
      We’ve played them 4 times in the PL and managed to get one point, which was achieved when they went down to 10 men after 30 mins. The only similarly I can see is in the size of stadium/fan base. We’re not far behind in that category. But on the pitch, and having seen 3 of those 4 games, I feel they are most definitely a step above us. They are not a team expecting to be battling at the bottom of the table.

But, I am optimistic that our Potter-ball style will see us close the gap this season.
      The away game v Leicester last season was in some ways one of our best away performances . We lost of course but compared to others at the time.

Dunk to Leicester City?

2 Not allowed!
      I think there was more a running joke about the use of the word “levels” in press conferences and interviews. I very much doubt anyone thinks there isn’t a three way split. I’ve been saying for years that the PL has a top four or five, a second group looking for Europa League spot and then ten or so from whom three will get relegated.

Where I take a bit of issue with CH is that he had us pegged forever in the bottom group. The appearance of Leicester and Wolves in the middle group, two teams with similar home crowds and who we played competitively in The Championship (in fact we watched Wolves disappear to League One) in The Amex era suggests the bottom two levels should be fluid. Leicester themselves proved you could breach the top one.

Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by redoubtable seagull View Post

Yet the year before they won the Premier League they did indeed flirt with relegation, but for a late charge with 7 wins out of their last 9 games.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      Whilst I'm sure Arsenal is a more attractive option (big 6, closer to home etc) and Leicester is less attractive, let's not get above our station and suggest it would be some sort of sideways move.

Leicester have assembled an exciting, largely young squad that are capable of mixing it with the three lesser sides of the big 6, and have a manager who has the potential to get a lot out of that squad.

Beyond that, if there is not a big 6 suitor for Dunk, then this is very possibly his best chance of securing a move that could get him some form of European football and further his ambitions for an England squad place.

And there'd be the small matter of a sizeable pay boost too.
      Never said Leicester was a sideways move. But is incremental, and not what Dunky should be looking for at his age IMHO...

We will rise again at Falmer... like a phoenix from the ashes of the Goldstone RIP...

0 Not allowed!
      I feel The Big Board needs a Mod to intervene and have a bit of a tidy up.

Either change it to 'Knockaert to Fulham'

Or, and I think we'll all in agreement that this is the preferable option:-

Dunky to Leicester.
      Brucey to Newcastle
      &
      Zahay to Arsenal.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.