Page 75 of 150 FirstFirst ... 25657273747576777885125 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Man Utd's appetite to splash the cash on the likes of Maguire might be receding a bit too, if they can't offload Pogba as they probably want to.
    "These were, I have to say, quite easily the ugliest people I have ever seen in my life, and I've been to Selhurst Park when Crystal Palace are at home."

Charlie Connelly, 'Attention All Shipping: a Journey round the Shipping Forecast'; published by Abacus Books, 2004, page 94.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by the right footed denilson View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      So you're telling me that Dunk has been told if Maguire leaves Leicester he is off there, but if he doesn't he stays?
      Seems like very strange man management.

So Dunk is just waiting by the phone, bags half packed...
      No. The one person who we haven’t heard anything from is Dunk...which in and of itself should tell you something... What I am led to believe is that the Maguire - Man Utd discussion came up during the last window and Leicester opened a channel to us after Rodgers got in place.

The view there was that Lewis was the perfect replacement IF Maguire elected to go and IF United met their price.

Lewis indicated that he would consider a move and TB indicated how much money we would accept.

Until now all we know is that Harry wants to go and Leicester have refused to sell him cheap. To an extent that is the whole deal. Lewis would take the transfer and TB has agreed a price. Leicester have to meet that price for our best defender since Lawrenson. So...again...Maguire deal goes ahead, Lewis goes.

It ain’t that complicated.
      I've killed women and children. I've killed everything that walks or crawls at one time or another. And I'm here to kill you, Little Bill Archer, for what you done to The Seagulls.
      Devil's Advocate (p/t)

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by LamieRobertson View Post
      My sister text me to say Dunk had signed for Leicester
      ..tried to explain it was The Sun ...day b4 Leicester Mercury had a story saying Dunk was 95% certain to stay at Brighton ..obviously picking up on Naylors tweet and spinning it ...2 mins later my Dad text me to say Dunk was on his way to Leicester because my sister has said so ..a friend had told her because ..yes it was in The Sun
      I think that is 99% of transfer rumours; two people see the same source, they both tell the same person, that person then presents the rumour because they've heard it from a couple of people. See also someone suggesting who they'd like as a replacement being confused with a club being interested.
      Please report offensive or libellous posts - read more
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bevendean Hillbilly View Post
      No. The one person who we haven’t heard anything from is Dunk...which in and of itself should tell you something... What I am led to believe is that the Maguire - Man Utd discussion came up during the last window and Leicester opened a channel to us after Rodgers got in place.

The view there was that Lewis was the perfect replacement IF Maguire elected to go and IF United met their price.

Lewis indicated that he would consider a move and TB indicated how much money we would accept.

Until now all we know is that Harry wants to go and Leicester have refused to sell him cheap. To an extent that is the whole deal. Lewis would take the transfer and TB has agreed a price. Leicester have to meet that price for our best defender since Lawrenson. So...again...Maguire deal goes ahead, Lewis goes.

Can I just ask, where and when did Lewis say he would “consider a move”?

I don’t keep my nose in the papers or the gossip columns, so may have missed it...

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by darkwolf666 View Post
      Can I just ask, where and when did Lewis say he would “consider a move”?

I don’t keep my nose in the papers or the gossip columns, so may have missed it...
      That’s the insider bit. He hasn’t publicly declared that he will never leave...nor has he expressed a desperation to go.

All I know is he was approached, said he was interested, and that’s it.

I imagine he’s happy at Brighton. I don’t think he’s actively looking to move, but I think he saw that a deal was there if he wanted it.

I’d do the same if I was him. I guess you would too if another employer said he’d double your wages.
      I've killed women and children. I've killed everything that walks or crawls at one time or another. And I'm here to kill you, Little Bill Archer, for what you done to The Seagulls.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by AZ Gull View Post
      He has - but he's not wrong!
      Send him a link to the YouTube vid of Jahanbasch tearing the Dutch divisions 1 and 2 a new arse. Heíll think heís Messi!
      To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal...

0 Not allowed!
      No. The one person who we havenít heard anything from is Dunk....
      I wasnít aware that we had heard anything from anyone other than those claiming to be ITK.

Certainly nothing from either club.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post
      I wasn’t aware that we had heard anything from anyone other than those claiming to be ITK.

Certainly nothing from either club.
      OK. If we have a discussion and someone says “I’ve heard this” then either you believe them or you don’t. You don’t know me so therefore I’m wrong. I’m not. I don’t just make stuff up, but again...you don’t know me so I’m lying.

Either I’m right, or I’m wrong. Either way, there it is.
      My Hair is like his hair *Gullsworth*'s Avatar

1 Not allowed!

And it ain't that true
      Brighton & Hove Albion will be there long after the current players, manager,chairman......thanks to who?...you of course!

0 Not allowed!

So all your knowledge is based on discussions that took place in the last window back inJanuary?
      But since them bruno has retired which frees up the captaincy which could well be a deciding factor in him staying could it not?
      Or do you have further information thatís not 6 months old?