Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk to Leicester City?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
He deserves what he gets... however, let me rephrase... his judgement of Dunk’s value to our team demonstrate clown-like levels of stupidity...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure the Clown insults are necessary BW. Does he call you names? You may not agree but, at the end of the day, this is a supporters message board with differing views. (Supporters PPF, look it up)

Not being funny mate but don't you and Zebedee come out of the woodwork every transfer window to moan about how badly the club are doing.

Are you both called names for it?

Just asking.....

mefromringmer

Aug 9, 2013
Sky sports

Sky sports are reporting that Leicester have held informal talks with Burnley for Tarkowski and Bournemouth about Ake as replacement for Maguire.
Good news for us about Dunk or just speculation about the other 2

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Not sure the Clown insults are necessary BW. Does he call you names? You may not agree but, at the end of the day, this is a supporters message board with differing views. (Supporters PPF, look it up)

Not being funny mate but don't you and Zebedee come out of the woodwork every transfer window to moan about how badly the club are doing.

Just asking.....

Hey. All opinions are valid, but some are more valid than others...

If I said I think the earth is flat; or; Adolf Hitler is a great guy; or; my gran could beat Usain Bolt in a 100m running race, then I would deserve to be called a clown [emoji1782].

BG insisted, not so long ago, that our Dunky was worth less than Liam Moore. This season he tells us that his value to our team is lower than Duffy’s. These opinions are just plain, errr, questionable.

So, in conclusion, I am not backing down.

He is a clown [emoji1782].

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I swallowed humble pie about 5 years ago regarding Dunk. I honestly thought he was a decent (but nothing more) championship player. He proved me wrong and has had 4 or 5 very consistent seasons since, mostly eradicating the sort of mistakes that led me to erroneously believe he didn't quite have the mentality to succeed.

Do you know what, it wouldn't hurt you, if once in a while, you backed down and admitted you are just like the rest of us and that you were capable of misjudgement.

He knows exactly what he's posting. He doesn't even believe it himself, it's just for attention & laughs.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Sky sports are reporting that Leicester have held informal talks with Burnley for Tarkowski and Bournemouth about Ake as replacement for Maguire.
Good news for us about Dunk or just speculation about the other 2

Good news if true. TBH the reporting around Maguire’s replacement has been consistently poor, so it is difficult to know what to believe anymore.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He knows exactly what he's posting. He doesn't even believe it himself, it's just for attention & laughs.

So you keep saying, but he will get abuse for his deliberately weird views - that’s just how life is. He does clearly like it and gets what he deserves on here - I don’t see a problem myself.

As for Dubk - this thread should be on page 3 by now - Potter clearly said he’s staying - job done.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

Just asking.....

Actually, to answer your question, I get a lot, and I mean a lot, of flak for criticising our beloved club’s pace of recruitment. Funnily enough, although some agree with me, I can’t recall anyone taking such a protective stance as you have for the ridiculous BG.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Good news if true. TBH the reporting around Maguire’s replacement has been consistently poor, so it is difficult to know what to believe anymore.

If even our manager saying just a few hours ago that he would be staying “Absolutely, yes” doesn’t convince you I’m not sure anything else would. B.W/B.W 2

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Naturally I don't know for sure but it's hard to imagine either Burnley or Bournemouth having the strength in depth at centre back that the Albion does.

Therefore Dunk staying and one of them drastically weakened is a win/win for us.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
If even our manager saying just a few hours ago that he would be staying “Absolutely, yes” doesn’t convince you I’m not sure anything else would. B.W/B.W 2

Obviously Potter’s Yes helped considerably. But you must agree the reporting has been dire? The ‘Dunk deal at £40/45m already done’ nonsense being particularly galling and inaccurate.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Obviously Potter’s Yes helped considerably. But you must agree the reporting has been dire? The ‘Dunk deal at £40/45m already done’ nonsense being particularly galling and inaccurate.

How’s the window shaping up now B.W/B.W2 ?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
How’s the window shaping up now B.W/B.W2 ?

Getting excited. Maupay/YEN plus a RB/RWB and I promise to stop whinging! [emoji6]

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
I would put Duffy above him as a defender as being most valuable not in cash terms but in playing terms.
I agree that Duffy is a better defender, but Dunk is the better footballer. They both excel because of each other and the perfect balance that they have.

In terms of which one would we miss the most, it's clearly Dunk. He would be much harder to replace.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Drinkwater ?

A great player gone off the rails after a big money move. Potter may turn him around. Who knows?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Honestly as much as I love the guy, I think I would probably accept a 50-60m bid for Dunk now.

He was quite error prone last season and I think we may have seen the best of him.

That said all signs now pointing to him staying so is a win win for me.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Honestly as much as I love the guy, I think I would probably accept a 50-60m bid for Dunk now.

He was quite error prone last season and I think we may have seen the best of him.

That said all signs now pointing to him staying so is a win win for me.

Are you BensGrandma? :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here