Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk to Leicester City?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
A guy at work told me today that Lewis Dunk was on holiday at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel in Dubai at the same time as him this summer. He reckons that, from conversations that he overheard in the bar in the evening, Lewis will be leaving in this transfer window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just another soundbite as far as I concerned.

As I said above, don't know if he's going but yet to be convinced he's staying either.....

Stating the obvious, but the buying club have actually got to make a bid first. Until that happens, there is no point in worrying about it.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
A guy at work told me today that Lewis Dunk was on holiday at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel in Dubai at the same time as him this summer. He reckons that, from conversations that he overheard in the bar in the evening, Lewis will be leaving in this transfer window.

A good 6/10. Sometimes believable if I’m not concentrating.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It was probably Ben's Dad. :wink:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

This bloke in the bar, his name wasn't Billy Bleach was it?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
So are you saying we should only believe press reports saying he is staying and discount the ones saying he is leaving?

You may be in the know, but as an average member of Joe Public, how would I know which to believe?

Very few writers on the nationals know or care what's happening outside London , Manchester or Liverpool. Tom Barclay of The Sun is an exception where Albion are concerned because he covers the south coast clubs and actually speaks to people. Plus he was on the Austria tour. Brian Owen and Andy Naylor also check with the club before they write anything, which usually means they don't go out on limbs.

One or two writers who claim to be experts on the transfer market (or have that claim made for them) talk to agents a lot but agents have their own agendas - usually a desire to move their players on. Dunk's agent is known as much for contract extensions and renewals as much as for moves. I find that the most reliable transfer stories are usually the ones where a foreign club has let something slip to their local media.

Most of the Dunk stories this summer have been interns on online desks copying one another.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sorry, I just don’t buy that.

Dunk clearly is on their radar depending on which newspaper you read. And leaving aside all this 3 at the back stuff why is our main transfer target another centre half?

Utd signing Maguire (who is reported as wanting to go) will set off a chain of signings as Leicester will get a lot of money.

I’m not saying he will definitely leave, but this will go to the wire.

Making a judgement with zero knowledge from your sofa.

Perhaps LCFC only want Tarkowski? Who’s to know? We certainly don’t.

Remember, sports hacks and wannabees running blogs etc, are in the main bullshitters.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

I have some relatives who are regulars at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel in Dubai, and they say that's shitehouse...................................

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I have some relatives who are regulars at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel in Dubai, and they say that's shitehouse...................................

I'm not so sure. I was running through a field of cows earlier, all talking about Dunk to Leicester. The consensus was that he'd make the mooooooooooooooooove. :down:

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Very few writers on the nationals know or care what's happening outside London , Manchester or Liverpool. Tom Barclay of The Sun is an exception where Albion are concerned because he covers the south coast clubs and actually speaks to people. Plus he was on the Austria tour. Brian Owen and Andy Naylor also check with the club before they write anything, which usually means they don't go out on limbs.

One or two writers who claim to be experts on the transfer market (or have that claim made for them) talk to agents a lot but agents have their own agendas - usually a desire to move their players on. Dunk's agent is known as much for contract extensions and renewals as much as for moves. I find that the most reliable transfer stories are usually the ones where a foreign club has let something slip to their local media.

Most of the Dunk stories this summer have been interns on online desks copying one another.

Love this.

Do you think there's reasonable weight to the Moroccan striker rumours then?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

It's blatantly obvious. I've often seen 'journos' making links with players and never put them fresh on here. The broadsheets tend to be the most accurate. Even then, The Guardian (who are apparently the best) only score 38% when it comes to player transferred/signed a new contract.

What I find most annoying is when rumours are posted from online media. They run at a fraction of the success of the lowest performing tabloids.

DavePage

nice poker hand, let the other team sell an asset, which is actually over priced, so they do win slightly.
Come in with a large bid for Dunk and we say no. Well that's not fair!
Actually your not a million miles better than us and like Burnley could easily be drawn into the relegation race.
Call their bluff let them panic buy.

If we are serious about playing 3 CD's bearing in mind we would need a fourth on the bench just incase someone got sent off/ in mean injured

why, if that is the case would we send a new CB signing out on loan.

there's a bigger picture here, hope we are not messing with"a way bigger teams " plans

Call them Tony, right when they thinks they hold all the cards. but please wait till Thursday

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
my mate was in The Poacher recently, where Lewis quite often pops in for half a Pale Ale, and he heard him telling the barmaid that he’s definitely not going and that he’ll be at the Albion for ever and eventually will become Tony’s PA when he retires!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Making a judgement with zero knowledge from your sofa.

Perhaps LCFC only want Tarkowski? Who’s to know? We certainly don’t.

Remember, sports hacks and wannabees running blogs etc, are in the main bullshitters.

Away from our little Brighton bubble and paranoia, the consensus amongst most football commentators/reporters is that Tarkowski is Leicester’s main target with Cahill lined up to replace him at Burnley.

I’m pretty confident Dunk will still be here this time next week.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

There’s a guy works down the chip shops swears he’s Elvis....

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

So he went to Magaluf and Dubai? Interesting double bill.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here