Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk to Leicester City?

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Sort of right. At least one club has enquired for approval to speak to the player, and failed at that step, one would assume (with or without a formal bid being made) because broad valuations were a distance apart.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Manchester United seemingly looking at alternatives to Maguire, including Samuel Umtiti at Barcelona who may cost half Maguire's fee.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Stephens? When Burnley wanted him Tony said "No and if we don't go up you can go for free next summer."
In the scheme of things, Burnley were offering peanuts. The value of Stephens helping us get promoted far outweighed the risk of losing him for free, against the offer we had received.
Every player has a price, and that goes to the top of the food chain

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
In the scheme of things, Burnley were offering peanuts. The value of Stephens helping us get promoted far outweighed the risk of losing him for free, against the offer we had received.

Not disagreeing at all just saying that we do not have to sell and Tony has proved before that if it is not in the Clubs interest he won't sell. This close to the window I would imagine he would say something like, give me one more year.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Yet - The money in the prem these days makes it a sellers market and non top 6 teams like palace, Leicester and er us can probably either keep hold of their star player or price them at a preposterous level so that once interested clubs eventually look elsewhere.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Manchester United seemingly looking at alternatives to Maguire, including Samuel Umtiti at Barcelona who may cost half Maguire's fee.

Not according to SkySports who are saying the following:

[TWEET]1156685577321885696[/TWEET]

Gary Cahill’s future could depend on whether Manchester United’s lengthy pursuit of Harry Maguire is a success.
Maguire’s move to United would likely prompt a bid from Leicester for Burnley’s James Tarkowski – although Leicester may baulk at the £50m release clause in his contract.
If a deal for Tarkowski to move to the King Power is agreed before next Thursday’s deadline, that would then prompt Burnley to move for 33-year old Cahill, who is available on a free transfer.

Sounds like we can start to ready that captain's armband for next season.

I think the club know Dunk will go if he’s tapped up, hence the huge sums of money for the Bristol guy.

I miss the boring Chris Hughton years already

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I think the club know Dunk will go if he’s tapped up, hence the huge sums of money for the Bristol guy.

I miss the boring Chris Hughton years already
Alternatively, Potter wants to play 3 at the back in some games and also needs cover. The transfer we're going for then makes total sense.

Who knows?!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

I would have thought Dunk might be a decent alternative to Maguire, Leicester seem to think so. I honestly don't think there is too much between them, just that Maguire has a years more PL experience and been playing in a side where he is expected to do more than stay deep and put the block in.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I would have thought Dunk might be a decent alternative to Maguire, Leicester seem to think so. I honestly don't think there is too much between them, just that Maguire has a years more PL experience and been playing in a side where he is expected to do more than stay deep and put the block in.
You are also forgetting one is a regular in the England squad

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

Balance the cost of relegation with the fee for Dunk less the fee for a quality replacement, then have another think...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here