Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk to Leicester City?

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I know we all love Dunky but 50-60 million! FWIW I reckon we would get more for Duffy if any of the pair moved on.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Lewis Dunk is definitely the more marketable of our two centre backs, he can ping a pass all over the place. Duffy is more of a goal threat though, to be fair. They make a fantastic pair and I think the suggestion earlier in the threat that they'd be bought as a pair makes sense. Obviously, it's a doomsday scenario for us. If I were Lewis Dunk, I'd not want to join a Leicester, unless I was convinced that the ambition at the Albion has reached the ceiling. I don't believe, for one minute, that it has - or that the players would believe that it has. Therefore, Leicester would be a short term step up but potentially a longer term step backwards, or sideways. I see no reason why we couldn't join clubs like theirs, fighting it out for the middle of the ground with ambitions to build a team capable of crashing the top 6.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Is it that ridiculous? No one's saying he'd waltz into their side - teams do buy squad players too. Is Shkodran Mustafi or Chris Smalling really that much better than Lewis Dunk?

Hmmm... let's see

Chris Smalling 31 caps
Shkodran Mustafi 20 caps
Lewis Dunk 1 cap

No, nothing between them

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Hmmm... let's see

Chris Smalling 31 caps
Shkodran Mustafi 20 caps
Lewis Dunk 1 cap

No, nothing between them

That's nice, but I think the point [MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION] was making was about their actual ability. Not their list of International achievements. I don't think anyone watching the performances of the trio this season would take Smalling or Mustafi over Dunk. Not for passing ability, not for the desire to block everything which comes near them, not for leadership and certainly not for defensive positioning and intuition. Dunk is a far better player than a lot of people realise and it would be a shame if it would take moving to a more fancied club for people to spot how good he actually is.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I think suitors would value him at £30-40M

& I think we wouldn't sell him @ value. & I don't see why he would push for a move to Leicester.

So if they really wanted him negotiations would have to start at £50-60M +

Which I would hope just makes the whole thing unlikely.

As much as Dunk is an important part of the fabric of this club, there is no way anybody is going to take a 50 to 60 M valuation seriously. 30M is possible.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hmmm... let's see

Chris Smalling 31 caps
Shkodran Mustafi 20 caps
Lewis Dunk 1 cap

No, nothing between them

Dunk is better than Chris Smalling - most of my Man U following friends agree too. International caps means not a lot.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If Zaha has a £80mil tag given to him by the franchise, we should be pricing Dunky at £230mil just to keep in line...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Maybe but realistically can't see him going to the established 'big' clubs and he is 28 in November so hardly an up and coming player. Watford / Leicester / Everton / West Ham is probably about right

Don’t disagree, apart from Watford. You can **** right off classing Watford in that category ;) That would be a sideways move in many ways for me...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Maybe but realistically can't see him going to the established 'big' clubs and he is 28 in November so hardly an up and coming player. Watford / Leicester / Everton / West Ham is probably about right

These are good teams when you consider our level :wink:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
If the new guy wants centre backs who can play football I fancy he will want to keep Dunk but let Duffy go for money to improve the squad.

Duffy bit could happen particularly if someone mentions in his ear some of the alleged off field stuff.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Can't see him going to a top 6 club - they don't want last ditch defending.

I think you will find he only employed 'last ditch defending' as you put it, because that was all he could do, in our attempt to retain our top flight status last season. Playing in a more established team with better players will bring out a whole new side to his game.

He isn't worth anything like the some of the crazy figures being touted on this thread though.

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
I simpy can't believe this thread. Of all the players we need to keep surely Lewis Dunk is at the top of the list. He pout in some suprb performances last season and I venture to state that it was his defending, aided by amazing positional sense and the uncanny ability to use his head, that kept us above Cardiff. Sure there was the occasional error or mispass but this guy is gold standard. We HAVE to keep him...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hmmm... let's see

Chris Smalling 31 caps
Shkodran Mustafi 20 caps
Lewis Dunk 1 cap

No, nothing between them

With all due respect, that’s a pretty dim argument.

I could give plenty of examples where more caps doesn’t = better player for the future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here