Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk to Leicester City?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Didn't he refuse to play for a couple of games because he wouldn't let him go?

I would be very surprised if Lewis ever refused to play for us in a bid to get a move.
If a top 6 club cake in for his services then of course he would have a huge decision to make.
I don’t think he is too 6 quality so I think he will stay.
That’s my hunch fwiw

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Dunk to Arsenal, £25m

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yup. Surely if he did move on it would be to a club where he at least had a chance of winning trophies.

There is a 'level' between relegation fodder and 'trophies'

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My biggest fear would be losing Dunk AND Duffy, sold together to someone as a unit, a ready-made CB partnership. If Leicester lost Maguire then they'd probably be in the market for a couple of CB's, being as Wes Morgan is 46 and Jonny Evans is a bit of a crock waiting to happen.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That a big six club would be interested in Dunk

Is it that ridiculous? No one's saying he'd waltz into their side - teams do buy squad players too. Is Shkodran Mustafi or Chris Smalling really that much better than Lewis Dunk?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
The club value him at £50-£60m

I don't doubt they do, you tend to look at it differently when his agent is telling you his head's turned, it's the end of July and you're resigned to losing him and need a replacement sharpish, I'd say £25m, possibly £30m tops.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
They would double his wages or close to it.... If Maguire goes for 60M I would want 45m of it for Dunk if he pushed the move.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
£30m and I’ll drive him up there myself.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Suggesting Leicester is a side step is nonsense. Clearly a bigger, better side than us atm.

Infrastructure suggests that if things go very well, we could be near their level in a few years (i.e. 7th-10th). But we're still some way from that right now.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The question is: which statement is most ridiculous?

That a big six club would be interested in Dunk
or Leicester (PL winners three years ago) would be a sideways step?

It's a tough one :lol:

I'd agree with this if you replaced "big six" with "top five". Of the big six, I think Arsenal might actually be interested in someone like Dunk. Their defence has been an issue for 2 seasons and if it wasn't for the accuracy of their front 2, they'd be miles off the pace for a Champions League spot.

But otherwise, fully agree. Of course a move to Leicester is progression for him, in the same way Gordon Greer moving to us from Swindon was!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here