Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk to Leicester City?

Stumpy Tim

How many of those were sub appearances, and many were in a defensive midfield role? Say what you like, Stones was NOT a regular starter for Man City as a central defender

Wasn't particularly aimed at you. It was aimed at people arguing with the fact that Stones was not a regular generally. The only reason people were arguing against this was because it was BensGrandad claiming it, but he is right on this.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Stones played 39 times in all comps. He did fall out of favour to some extent towards the end of the season though.
Wasn’t that the OPs point? He didn’t start and hardly played in the league for the last 4-6 weeks of the season (mainly because Kompany was fit again) yet waltzed straight into the England starting 11 to spectacular effect.
Does Southgate look at season % or “but you haven’t started in 6 weeks....”?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
How many of those were sub appearances, and many were in a defensive midfield role? Say what you like, Stones was NOT a regular starter for Man City as a central defender

Wasn't particularly aimed at you. It was aimed at people arguing with the fact that Stones was not a regular generally. The only reason people were arguing against this was because it was BensGrandad claiming it, but he is right on this.
Arguing with yourself is a talent.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

My fault entirely. I came into the discussion late and just picked up on the maths skills. I didn't even notice it was BG till I looked back after I posted. I view on my phone and just look at the posts themselves.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Well apart from the fact that not only did Leicester play in the Champions league last but one season, have more honers in the last 10 years than anyone outside the top 6, ended the last three seasons miles ahead of the bottom half of the table and last seasons 9th was seen as disappointing...just the same as Bolton or the Royal engineers.

I would think Leicester would be considered by most , one of the top 10 teams in the country at the moment.

The top nine, to judge by the Premier League table. But your argument in the post I quoted was purely based on past achievements. And what are 'honers'?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
If Harry Maguire goes to Man City?

Hopefully not, but Brendan Rodgers must have Dunky on his radar back from when he played with his son at the Albion.

If it did happen, how much would we get?

I'm not sure Rodgers Jnr being at the club previously will make much of a difference. If the guy has spent any time watching the Premier league the last couple of seasons, then Dunk will be on his radar.

Hoping that we have the Hughton factor here, where the big clubs have their sights set higher, while the clubs below them are not worth Dunk moving on for. The danger is salaries, as we are NOT paying what teams in mid-table are paying, so there is every chance he could be looking at a 50-60% pay rise heading to Leicester / West Ham / Everton.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
I'm not sure Rodgers Jnr being at the club previously will make much of a difference. If the guy has spent any time watching the Premier league the last couple of seasons, then Dunk will be on his radar.

Hoping that we have the Hughton factor here, where the big clubs have their sights set higher, while the clubs below them are not worth Dunk moving on for. The danger is salaries, as we are NOT paying what teams in mid-table are paying, so there is every chance he could be looking at a 50-60% pay rise heading to Leicester / West Ham / Everton.

Yep it’s all about the ££££

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Arguing with yourself is a talent.

That's a bit harsh on him. He's probably just changed his mind?

I actually thought that was well observed by DarrenFreemansPerm

You would say that you arse licker

Eh? That was a bit uncalled for

Sorry if that upset you Mr snowflake

You don't stop do you?

It's you always pointing out peoples right and wrongs not me you bellend

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's a bit harsh on him. He's probably just changed his mind?

After all there's a first time for everything, even on NSC!

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I still say that neither Leicester nor Villa will be putting up a bid high enough to tempt Tony. In addition, a move to either of those two clubs would be a poor move for Dunky who, at his age, should be aiming for a big 6 club, with the Gooners being in most need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Leicester I could understand, they will probably be giving him a lot higher wages than us too. But Villa? I really would not understand that move, even if they offered slightly high wages than us.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Dunk to Leicester, apparently £30M, so a Chelsea fan has just told me.

I used to play darts in the Blue Anchor (back in 77). A bloke I played with in there once told me we were going to sing Mick Channon. Turned out it was Martin Chivers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here